Who I am

By Claire10635

~

I'm u usually not one to share my sexuality stories. But I decided to share with you guys, because your stories have really touched me.

I'm a Pansexual girl, and I usually refer to myself as a PANcake. I spent hours googling the term "Pansexual" trying to figure out who I am. Now I know.

I started liking the same sex when I was 9. But I never realized what I was until I turned 12. Being this way has really been hard. I've been teased, hurt, and bullied for people even just assuming I'm the way I am.

I when to a "Gay Pride" festival when I was 12. I've always admired and envied how they were all so open. I was only there to support it at the time, but I didn't know that I, myself could be apart of it. That day I cheered my lungs out until I couldn't breathe, and bought all the fundraiser things I could. I didn't ever think I could ever become one of them, until I met my best friend In 7th grade. I was new to the school and she was the only one who noticed me. I was really shy and didn't speak much. But she listened to me and made me feel wanted. We became the closest friends could get and hung out very often. I started to really like her. And when I turned 13 we shared our first kiss, and that was the beginning of many more to come.

I eventually had to move away to a different state. That's when the Orlando shooting happened. I didn't live anywhere close but I cried for hours. Thinking how people like me were murdered for the way we are. The girl I liked eventually got a new girlfriend, and I'm still a confused closet case. And I wish people knew who I am, so I could participate as a fellow LBGTQ+. Only the Internet and my close friends know. My parents disapprove of being this way, and coming out will be very difficult.

I'm just so happy to have the support of people like you guys. Thank you so much! For all you've done.