My discovery story

By Anonymous

~

This is the story of how I discovered that I'm a lesbian or bisexual. I'm not completely sure what I am properly yet, but I know for sure I have an interest in girls, and this is how I figured it out. Well, in year seven, I got my first crush. It was on a boy. I had another crush on a boy that year, but it was my first year at secondary school - I now believe that I was probably just doing this to fit in. Also, maybe I thought they looked quite cute, but there's a difference between thinking someone is good looking and liking them. However, year eight was and still is a very different story. I grew a crush on a girl. However, this wasn't at all like the crushes I had on boys. I felt something for this girl. Maybe she wasn't the prettiest girl in the school, but that didn't matter. She had an amazing and beautiful personality and smile. I wanted to kiss her and genuinely just hold her in my arms. I ended up asking her out. She said no, because she's straight. To be honest, I knew she would say no - but I liked her that much, I was willing to face the rejection. Also, I've imagined kissing and hugging both genders, and I didn't really like imagining kissing a male. Since that girl, I've had other female crushes. That's how I figured out I wasn't straight. I know nobody wants me, but at least I know who I am now. Well, more or less. Thank you for reading.