Me, Myself, and Bi

By HaileyUrie

~

This is just kind of a discovering myself story.

It started in 9th grade. A girl, Jesse, moved to my school. The first day I saw her was open house for school, she was gorgeous. I was so scared to talk to her so I didn't, but I friended her on facebook a few months after that.

I posted something about a band and she commented saying how she loved that band. Then she asked me to sit at lunch with her the next day. We started hanging out and I realized I liked her. She has short pixie cut brown hair and she dressed like a boy, so I started telling myself you only like her because she looks like a boy.

I found out about her girlfriend and I was crushed. A few months after she moved to another school so I moved on. We still talk and we're still good friends.

After she was gone I was still questioning myself so I turned to my friends in a group chat. When I first joined the group I was joking and asked one of the girls to marry me.

So for a few months, we pretended we were married in the group and I realized I started getting the feeling again, but this time it was for my group chat wife, Jay. I was scared to tell her I liked her because as far as I knew she was straight... and so was I? I messaged "the mom" of the group. We call her that because she has the best advice. I told her everything and I can't really remember what she said now but I got some sort of courage and asked Jay if she would be my real girlfriend, she said yes and we came out to the group about a week later I think. We talked about it and I've decided I'm bisexual.

We've been dating for two months now as of yesterday (June 24, 2016) and I'm still so happy. I'm sorry if this is kind of jumbled, I'm nervous. I've come out to a few friends and they're very supportive. haven't come out to my parents, they don't particularly agree with Lgbt ways but maybe one day.

Hopefully, one day, everyone can be who they are without judgment. Keep smiling.