How far I've come

By Anonymous

~

When I was 10,I had a crush on a this one boy who was blonde and perfect. He was funny and still is, but there was also this one girl who I thought looked very beautiful. Wait what?! I was completely confused. I would look at myself in the mirror to see if I had a growth or if something was wrong. I had know idea what was going on. The only sexualities my parents introduced me to were gay,lesbian and straight.

Skip to a year later at age 11, I told my old best friend and she told me that nothing was wrong with me but that I was BISEXUAL.

Cool. What's that? I was still quite confused so I did a little bit of research and figured out that I was part of a group called LGBTQI+. After my research I went to my best friend of 4 years and told her I was bi and she was cool with it. But I had to also tell my parents.

Age 12 now, I was scared. So scared. I told 5 of my friends and my sister. But now I had to tell my parents. I went up to my dad and asked him to talk and we went for a little walk. I told him and he was fine with it and the I told my step-mom with tears running down my face and she gave me a big hug and told me it was fine and that made me ever so happy. Couple months into the future I told my mom with so much confidence because the rest of my family was so excepting. I told her and she was in shock. She brought me to my room and said

"Are you sure?" I told her yes.

"Could you imagine kissing a girl?" I told her yes and she gave me a long speech about how it might just be a phase. 1 month later a guy who had a crush on me asked me out and said yes. He told that he and I could go on Thursday next week. And that's when I realized I made a mistake. I wasn't bisexual. I was a lesbian. Oh crap. I went on the date with the guy anyways to not break his heart and it was fun. We walked back to school and he asked me if wanted hang out some more an other and I had to tell. I told him and he walked away with sorrow in his eyes. Well crap.

Now to the future at age 13. I re-came out and they all said the same thing. I asked the girl I liked out and we dated for a good month. We broke it off because she just wasn't ready to date. And now here I am with a great life ahead of me. I'm the president of the GSA in my school.(Which is 1 out of 2 middle school in Alberta). I am accepted in my community and have great friends. This is my Wattpad milestone.