Daring Confession

By RainbowAmour

~

Okay, so this is probably the funniest and the saddest story you're going to read. Why? Of course, ' cause it's mine. A hyperbole!

Nah, just kidding! I am a 17 year old sassy, snarky teenager who is like "Whatever!". My first girl crush was when I was 13 years old. She was a new comer. Believe it or not, before joining the school, she landed at my home to take notes, through a junior who knew me very well at that time and was her cousin. I fell for her then and there. This crush lasted till before I was going to turn 15. There was something about her that was very attractive and charming. Welp, I know you believe me. But something inside me said that this was wrong. A girl should always fall for a boy and vice-versa.

So coming on to my next crush, which was a boy crush, this was the most beautiful romantic experience I've ever had. He was handsome, emotional and blah blah blah. We started talking on Facebook. After a couple of weeks, we grew quite friendly and the chats were getting intense. We used to study in the same batch but then, our batches changed. I could not handle it anymore and eventually we never talked again. The very next year, he left the institute as well. I remember, our teachers took all the students to cinema before that session had ended. I guess he wasn't watching the movie but me, who sat right in front of him. Lol!

And guess what? I saw him 3 months ago and he too saw me. There's still a connection but that too is now broken. After I turned 16, I had no crush. Although you could say that I was infatuated to 10 boys and 2 girls till date.

No, I'm not ending it like that. I have a new crush who too has a crush on me, but I don't think we're ever going to sail in the same boat.

_____________

It's hard. Easy is nothing. I've been ditched by approximately 40-50 people. And I believe that there are two sides to every story- the side that you dream of and the side that you just can't imagine. And I think that the consequences depend on whether which side you let to dominate. I've dared a lot of times but now, it only hurts me and no one else. I'm not saying you shouldn't dare, but now that I am mature enough, I wouldn't dare to let someone enter my world and ruin it.

I am fairly open about my bisexuality even after belonging to a religion that would kill me for being one. Yes, this is what I've dared to do. I talk to all of my friends and parents about LGBT community. I've even once said to my mother, "There's a little gay in all of us, Mom."

I keep reminding my friends that I'm a bisexual, in different ways and sometimes indirectly, and not just them, anyone I'm close to. And I promise that I won't marry a man or a woman until they accept me this way. Or else, I won't ever get married, will adopt two children, some cats and dogs and fulfill my purpose of being useful to the world.

I have all kind of friends- Lesbians, Gays and Trans. I am proud of all of them. For being real. For being honest with themselves. Once people stop hiding in fear, this community will grow in a healthy manner and I will happily contribute to it, anytime until I die.

Be courageous. You're not the only one. We are always there for you. We'll fight together against all odds, really or virtually, whatever it takes. Love in front of the whole world because love for me is a synonym of freedom.

LOVE NEEDS NO PERMISSION. Remember that! I claim a copyright on this quote tho, lmfao.

I feel very much weightless now. What a relief! Thanks lgbtq for organising such a beautiful event. I hope more people will come out this way.

Now allow me dear reader, to fly away. The sky is unbiased. It even let aircrafts fly.