Enby in Training

By Hayden

~

Quite a long time ago, almost half a year ago, I started identifying as aliagender (third gender) which falls under the non binary category. I came out to all my closest friends, who were all lgbt themselves. There was Charlie, who was asexual panromantic (and later I found out they were agender), Jessica who was apothosexual and grey-aromantic, Harley who was transgender and Kayla who was a lesbian. They all accepted me for who I was. Six weeks later I decided it was time to come out to my parents. As soon as I told them, dad said he didn't care. My mum said she accepted me, but she said she was going to continue calling me by my deadname and female pronouns. I said I was okay with it but I hurt inside so much. Some days I went and tried on some boy's clothes and my mum ended up saying, "is this part of that aliagender shit?" I said no but inside I cried. She carries on to this day like that, with things that don't have anything to do with my gender. Like when this morning I couldn't find a bra and my mum asked if wearing a croptop instead of a bra was "part of that aliagender shit". I still feel hurt to this day because I've tried to get her to call me by my name and pronouns but she still uses my deadname and she. I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall some days, it never seems to get through. But I guess that's part of being non binary. I guess I'm just an Enby in training.