I'm kinda like a smoothie?

By Corin

~

So, in the 7th grade, I moved schools. I had never really been exposed to the lgbtq+ community before, and if I had heard the word "gay" it had a bad stigma. But in this new school, I became aware of this huge community, which was a lot to take in, especially with the friends I had made of so many different sexual, romantic, and gender orientations I had to educate myself on.

Now, let me get something straight here (not me, ha great pun), I had never really had an actual crush on someone. There was like, one, but it obviously wasn't real because I turned him down for not liking peanut butter.

Anyways, there was this girl that I had meet and found really attractive, and not the "hey friend, you look really cute" attractive. It was the full on "You are really pretty. Date me" attractive.

So I thought that I was gay for a bit, but I also found guys attractive too, but I didn't know if that was a stigma attached to being born a girl. But, I also found my agender friend attractive and I had no idea what that was, and that was when I found the term pansexual. So, I stuck with that, but I hated the feeling of it not being accurate, so I did my research.

This is when I found poly.

Now, sexuality took over a year, and gender had also become a problem. I was born a female and was raised with that being my only option for a while.

The term agender seemed like it was a great description for me. I had always be mostly androgynous with everything. But I also liked feminine things, but I was told that agender people can be feminine. Well, I liked both she/her pronouns, and they/them pronouns.

So I guess it's genderfluid. And I love it.