Discovering I'm Bi

By -hermioneweasley-

~

I really don't know how this is going to sound.

Hi, my name is Ashelynn, and I'm bisexual. The road to my discovery has been long and I'm so glad that I have finally made it to the end, to finding out what I am.

It all started in fifth grade when I started hearing about things like gay, lesbian, pan, and things like that. I was curious and had a couple of friends explain it to me. I started to question my personality when I saw a really good looking girl and thought to myself,

"Well she looks cute!"

For a few months I pondered over this and in sixth grade I finally came to a conclusion when two of my close friends, Alexia and Breaunna, we're talking about being bisexual. I was scared to tell anyone so I went to the first person I saw after that class: Ciara, my almost sister. She accepted me and told me that it was fine to be bisexual and that she would support me no matter what. After a few days I opened up a bit more and told a few more people, like my friends Marissa and Cory. Same thing repeated: they accepted me for what I was and supported me. I have yet to tell my parents because I'm terrified of what they'll think.

So, my name is Ashelynn and I have completed the journey to discovering my sexuality. I have opened a new door I my life and hope that others can do the same.