26|| I'll protect you now

Molly's POV

"It's all coming together, now. Don't you think? Most of it is beginning to make sense" Nate asks me, as he looks out at the water.

"Yeah, I'm so happy for you guys" I said, smiling at him.

"I'm scared." He says quickly, almost too quiet for me to hear.

I walk over to the sun lounger he is sat on a sit beside, him.

"Why?" I say, furrowing my eyebrows with a frown.

"You. You're my best friend, I mean all the boys are. But obviously, you started it all." He says looking at me, with an expression I couldn't, understand.

"You're always there and, you make everything okay, you get us out today the weirdest situations and, even though you may not se it you help us so much Molly." He says, looking at me now, with sad eyes.

"What, what happens if we do become a band and tour with the vamps? What happens to you? I couldn't ever leave you behind. Neither could Drew." He said, sadness taking over his face.

"I don't think I could live with myself if I left you behind." Nate said, his eyes glazing over, tears threading to spill over.

I look at him with sad eyes.

Yes, I felt vulnerable. But so was he right now.

"I " I stopped myself.

There were so many things I wanted to say to him, but. I would have to explain everything.

We had been friends for almost nine months now.

"I don't think live without you all either. I mean especially you and Drew. Obviously,male I and Austin will soon be included in our special bond thing though." I said to him, my voice raw.

I hated it.

But carried on never the less.

"My mum and dad, they split up around almost three years ago now. My dads almost 70 my mum, 47. When they split IP, my mum moved to America to get away from my whole family." I said, tears building up.

Nat put his hand on my back pulling me close.

"That's when I met Drew. We were best friend immediately.
Inseparable. I don't know whether you'll understand this but, he was the only family I felt, I had.

"Even my own mother I hardly saw. Even now, I'll only see her three or four times a month wither I'm out or more often she's out.

"With new men or working or anything."

I say that, one tear, slipping down my cheek.

I wipe it away quickly.

"My dad, means so so much to me. You will never fully understand." I say, a few more tears escaping down my cheeks.

"I play music. I love to sing, play guitar, bass, drum and piano. The list goes on. He always believed in me. I never told him I wanted, to become a famous singer and perform on stages and help make people's lives better. But I think he always knew."

I smiled sadly.

"I feel childish for wanting that but, I do so so badly Nate. I can hardly see him anymore, between time zones and me going to school and other stuff.

I'm lucky if we talk once a month and I'm talking about texts." I say, looking at him with sad eyes.

"I feel so bad. Like the worst child ever. He's seventy year old alone and I hardly even speak to him. I chat I sine that. You're own child not talking to you.

All you have left. Old and alone and there is nothing I can do." I said, letting the tears fall freely now.

"I have to live with that every day of my life. I value you and Drew more than you could ever imagine and I love you both so, so much."

"But I know, how it feels to dream of performing on a stage and, thinking you will never make it and if you have the slightest chance of that.

I would never take it a way from you" I say to him, pulling him in for a hug, before pulling back.

I looked at his face.

Sadness covered his emotions, he was looking at me pained.

"You shouldn't have to deal with that." Nate said, shaking his head sadly towards me.

"I've dealt with it long enough for it to be, what I call normal. My mom doesn't support my dream anyway, so what am I meant to do?" I say, not as sad now.

I wipe the tears away from my eyes sniffing a bit.

"Shall we go inside now?" I ask Nate smiling at him, looking over to the pool which lit up in the dark.

"Yeah" Nate said, standing up and we walked in silence to the bedroom door opening it.

Drew was sprawled out like a starfish on our bed, leaving no room for me, fast asleep.

I frowned at him.

Seriously.

But had to smile, at his cute sleeping figure.

"It okay," Nate said taking my hand.

"You get changed and you can, sleep in my bed I'm fine on the floor." He said getting a pillow ready before he got changed.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"No it's fine, we can sleep in the same bed you idiot," I smiled, grabbing my pyjamas.

I got changed before walking out to see Nate in sweats and shirtless, snuggled up in bed.

I got underneath the covers with him, snuggling into his warm bare chest and, wrapping my arms around his waist smiling.

"I'll protect you now." He said quietly, placing his chin on my head.

I closed my eyes, comfort filling me just from those words.

Oh Nate what are you doing to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love y'all :)

Told you there would be feels in the chapter :)

Yey.

Don't forget to vote guys :)

Thank you so much for all the support ;P

<3 <3 <3