11|| Their prescence is enough

Molly's POV

I yawned, turning onto my side ready to fall back asleep when I realised, it Christmas.

I hadn't felt very Christmassy this year, my mum hadn't celebrated it with me for two years now.

The amount of time we have lived in America.

I turned on my phone to see a text message from my dad, sent to me around 2am, he would never get used to time zones.

Dad ❤️😽

Hey Molly! Just wanted to wish you a merry Christmas.
Your mother messaged me last week telling me about how I want, to get you any new instruments.

But I knew you wouldn't have it so, I figured I would get you a guitar it's not great as I had bought it before your mother telling me so, I was under the impression you still had your more expensive ones.

I hope you will love it all the same. I sent it to Drew's address as I know, you hang out with that kid a lot.

Come visit home soon kiddo,

Forever your number one fan, Dad xxx

I smiled at the message.

Me and dad didn't have a lot of communication. He worked a lot and there was time difference and me with school. So it was hard to have more than message or two in a week.

I still loved him all the same.

Even though my mum and dad had broke up.

My dad was old, my mum was currently 47 however, my dad was nearly 70.

They had met when they were young, when I was younger I used them as a role model.

More than 20 years difference however, they still loved each other.

They couldn't care what people said. But somewhere that went wrong.

It upset me thinking about my dad. Getting older all alone. A text message a week from his daughter.

I wanted him to know how much I loved him, yet the stupid walls I had built up to hide my emotions wouldn't let me.

He knew, without me telling him how much music meant to me.

That was the reason he sent me instruments. He knew it was my dream to go up on a stage and play for a crowd who loved music as much as me.

Yet my mother wouldn't let it happen.

I decided to call him later, when he would be up and probably eating a Christmas dinner at the local pub.

I slowly moved myself up from my bed, slipping on some leggings and my 5 seconds of summer hoodie.

Then I put on some black converse before, grabbing Drew's Christmas present before, walking down to his house.

Knowing very well he would be up. He loved Christmas with all his family and, for the past two years I had lived here, I had spent Christmas win him and his family.

They were almost my own. All my relatives were in England and my mum didn't want me getting in touch with them.

She wouldn't give me their numbers, so I had to live without them and instead Drew's family had basically, become my own.

I walked through the cold streets shivering, at the cold.

Although I used to live in England and this weather, was like England on a good day I was somewhat used to the warm weather here, so I was freezing.

I walked up Drew's steps to his porch, before knocking on his door.

Tina (his mum for those who didn't know :) ) opened if and I immediately wrapped my arms around her, in a warm hug.

"Hey Molly" she said laughing warmly, embracing me in the hug before, letting go and closing the door behind me.

"Where Drew?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

"I was about to go wake him up, he was up late last night. With you I assume." I cringe slightly.

"Yeah sorry about that"I say to her.

"It's fine" she says rubbing my back pushing me towards the stairs

"Now go wake Drew up and you two can open each other's presents and I got you a little something as well dear" she says smiling walking into the kitchen.

I ran up the stairs into Drew's room, jumping on top of his covers right over where he was lying.

He groaned, wrapping his arms around me pulling me under his covers.

"I don't wanna get up" he said. "Come on" I said pulling him out, of the bed with me.

Picking up a shirt and sweatpants from his floor throwing them at him. As he was only in his underwear.

"It's Christmas" I said reminding his, swinging my legs off his bed waiting for his to put the shirt over his head.

"I know" he said smiling, picking me up bridal style and running downstairs with me. Slipping half the way down, causing me to fall holding onto him taking him with me.

We rolled down the rest of the way, our bodies tangled together.

"I knew this wasn't going to end well" I groaned at him, once we had gotten to the last step, leaning my head back the movement causing us to fall frown the last step onto, the hard wooden floor.

We sat there glaring at each other for a moment before laughing, our bodies still in a tangled mess form rolling down the stairs.

When we finished laughing, we looked up to see Drew's mom looking at us like we had ten heads. Which to be honest. I wouldn't be surprised.

We grinned at her and spent the next ten minutes untangling our bodies and getting up.

Me and Drew placed ourselves onto his couch snuggling up with his blanket and our coffees.

"Let's open some, presents then." I said smiling, pulling my bag with Drew and his families presents.

I had left the rest, except for Drew's under their Christmas tree as me and Drew, had planned to go to Nate's later and hang with him.

So we probably wouldn't be here while his family was.

Drew picked up one of his two presents, opening it slowly.

It was a photo frame, with me and Drew when we first met.

Me kissing Drew's cheek, him holding me in a piggy back. I remember his mom had taken it, when we were going park one day but, needed pictures of Drew to show his family me,hers who were out of state.

It was the same picture I had sent my dad, to show him who Drew was.

Drew knew this and how much it meant, he hugged me muttering how much he loved it.

We didn't need expensive presents from each other because at the end of the day, each other's presence was enough.

Much how I was starting to feel about, my friendship with Nate.

I didn't have to spill my life story to him to know that he loved me like a sister dearly, would protect me.

Just like I would do for him.

I didn't need my dads gifts, or Drew's, or Nate's.

Or even Drew's mother who, had been more of a mother to me than my own.

Their presence was enough.

They made me feel loved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote :) ❤️❤️😀