Bi The Way

By Caroline

~

My name is Caroline, but most of my friends call me Carebear.

I started questioning my sexuality in about April/May of my 8th grade year. Now I have been a feminist since October-ish of 2015 once I learned what all feminism is about other than women's rights and soon was introduced to the LGBTQ+ community. I knew about the term "gay" and what it meant, but I learned that there is so much more in the world than just homosexuality. I discovered all the different sexualities and genders, and when I was questioning I remembered a term that fit what I was feeling: Bisexual.

At this point, only about 4 or 5 people know, and I'm honestly so terrified to tell my family and best friend. Not to mention that I live in Alabama of all places. I know that my mom will take it better than my dad, considering his conservative family and the fact that my entire family is Christian. My best friend's family is also Christian. Her mom found out about a friend of mine's relationship with a girl (they're non binary, but my friend's mom doesn't know the other genders and thinks they're a girl) and almost sounded disgusted by the fact. If she finds out about me, she might try to keep my friend away, and I would never ever want that to happen.

That's my story so far. And for those of you who are scared to come out, I promise it will be the absolute best feeling in the world when you get it off of your chest. If some people don't accept you, don't bother keeping them in your life. Feminism has taught me so much and one of the most important things is that as long as you are comfortable with yourself, you'll be just fine.

Girls love girls and boys

And love is not a choice.

-P!ATD

Cheesy conclusions with Caroline yay