≈Chapter XLVIII :

~Los Angeles,

•08/02 {Tuesday, 07:16 A.M}

~*~ Dorian ~*~

"I still can't read it ? "

She sighed in annoyance and closed her notebook and put it back in her bag, "No. Stop asking me that. I already told you, I'll let you read my work once I'll be ready for you to read it."

"It's been just forever that I'm waiting for you to be ready, but okay. I guess, I'll just have to steal it one day." I folded my arms and smirked as she rolled her eyes. 

"I think that I'm going to go home if you don't stop."

"Excuse you ? Hell no ! Those tickets were a lil' expensive, so no. If I have to drag your fine ass until Paris, I'll gladly do it and then I'll whoop your butt until those cheeks turn red, and then I'll kiss them until--"

"It's too early in the morning for this. Please ! "

I chuckled, "I'm serious though."

With the rough weeks she had since it was her son's death anniversary in July, Docia hadn't been feeling too well and I didn't like to see her like that, so I decided to make a big step and organized us a little summer vacation to Paris for a whole week. It was one of the most romantic places in the world and during one of our conversations, she mentioned that she would like to go there, visit and simply discover the city. I knew it was going to make her feel better. This trip was a surprise until I let her know a week ago at the special dinner I had planned for us in my condo. She couldn't believe it at first and thought that I was joking for three whole days. She just didn't want to believe that I actually did that. Then she finally realized and showed her joy. She scared me for a moment, but I understood that she was shocked to be able to finally go there.

We were now at the airport, an hour in advance, waiting in the line to go through security and all that. Our plane was officially leaving at 8:18 A.M, "There are people around us that can hear you, stop." 

I shrugged, "And so what ? Whatever, are you excited ? "

She gave me a look with her hands on her hips, "Of course ! Heeellooo ! We're going to Paris. Why wouldn't I be happy about this ? Thanks again for surely the best surprise of my whole life. Thank you." She pecked my lips and I smiled. 

"You're welcome, love." 

After a few hours, we were finally resting in our hotel room, completely exhausted from the 12 hours flight and the time difference. We were officially jet lagged. KO. We literally entered in our room, let the staff bring our suitcases in, closed the door and then passed out on the bed. 

We woke up in the beginning of the evening and decided that we were going to eat outside for our very first night in Paris. We took a shower --not together-- got dressed and were out the door. Before to leave the hotel, we asked the receptionist where we could actually eat. He gave us some more information and we were then wandering hand in hand around the city. The expression on Docia's face was priceless. She had stars in her eyes and was glowing. 

"Look, the Eiffel tower ! It's so beautiful ! It's so refreshing to be here, away from home. I think it's good to do this once in awhile to let all the stress out and enjoy life, like for real." 

"Yeah, the everyday life can be very stressful. I'm glad to share this new adventure with you." I squeezed her hand slightly to let her know that I was serious.