≈Chapter II :

~Los Angeles,

•06/03 {Wednesday, 2:28 P.M}

~*~ Dorian ~*~

"Good afternoon, Mr. Willkingston." My probation officer greeted me as he let me enter in his office. We shook hands and he motioned for me to sit on the chair across from him, at his desk. 

"Good afternoon, uh..." I didn't know his name. Well, actually they told me, but I forgot. But anyways, I didn't care that much to know who he was. I was here because I had to. I had no choice. Even if I was out of prison, the justice still found a way to keep a very close eye on me. Another reason why I didn't feel free. I could not do too much because I was under supervision.

"Mr.Collins. So, how are you feeling today ? " 

I furrowed my eyebrows wondering why he was being nice, "Uh...I'm fine...I guess. And you ? " I asked back to be polite. Why being rude, huh ?

He smiled, "I'm good. So, I read your file and it's saying that you just got out of prison, um, like almost a week ago. Right ? " 

I nodded my head, "Yes."

"Oh yeah, do you want something to drink by the way ? "

I shook my head, "No. Thank you, but no, I'm good." 

"Are you sure ? Because it's hot today, they said that we need to drink as much as possible. Anyways, like you already know I'm your probation officer, so I'll be the one who will supervise you for..." He searched in my file, "...uh, a year. So, if you follow the rules correctly until next June, then you'll be out of probation. So, since you had a split sentence, the first part was your incarceration and the second part is what we're doing now, so the probation. Do you know what are the conditions and restrictions already ? "

I hummed, "No alcohol, drugs, I have to find a job, somewhere to stay and I have community service, but I don't know how many hours I got though."

"That's pretty much that. You'll be submitted to drugs and alcohol tests every time we'll meet, you have to avoid places and some people that are associated with criminal activities, of course you can't commit another crime while on probation, you have to find a job and a place to stay at, you have also to attend a group or individual therapy, and at any moment your home can be searched without a search warrant. And you can't move out of the state without asking the permission to do this. Plus, if you don't comply all the conditions of your probation, it may be revoked and the suspended jail sentence will be reinstituted." He explained to me and I listened to him carefully. I had to behave like a little angel, "And as for the community service you have 350 hours and your service is to clean a park. You'll start on Monday. Okay, now I have to ask you some questions."

I nodded taking all in, "Okay. Wassup ? "

"Where are you currently staying at ? " He began with this one.

"I'm staying with my little cousin."

He pulled his iPad out of a drawer and unlocked the screen, then he tapped something on it. Once he was done, he looked back up at me, "And what's his name ? "

"RJ. Uh, I meant Richard Willkingston Jr."

He raised his brow, "The football player ? "

"Yes." 

"Okay. Do you already have a job ? "

I shook my head, "No. I just got out, remember. And anyways, who would hire a criminal ? "

"Don't think like that. You can and will find something. What do you like to do ? Do you have any talent ? A passion ? "

I thought for a minute, "No...Not really." And it was true. What I like to do ? No idea. While I was in prison, I wasn't doing what most felons do being locked up. I wasn't writing or drawing. I was sometimes in the gym, but I didn't have a passion for that. And sometimes I was reading, but I had never really loved that activity.