≈Chapter XXXIX :

~Los Angeles,

•05/12 {Friday, 7:47 A.M}

~*~ Dorian ~*~

I didn't know if it was the right thing to do, but it somewhat needed to be done. Herica and Docia needed to meet and talk. They had to know each other better so their relationship could improve. I wasn't going to let go one of them to please the other, so they had to work it out. I wanted both of them presented in my life. Herica was my best friend and our friendship was important to me. She could understand me on another level that nobody else could. We had a connection and she was a part in my life that couldn't go missing. And Docia was the woman I wanted to create a future with, so she couldn't go missing either. 

They had no choice, but to get along.

"I hope y'all won't fight, because I don't have the time nor the energy to deal with that type of bullshit today." I was already annoyed since I had an irritating day, so I didn't want this to be added in the mix or else I was going to lose it and only God knew what I was capable to do. 

She smacked her teeth, "Last time I checked you weren't my daddy, so you talk to me with another tone of voice."

"Docia, I'm really not in the mood today. I need you to behave." I warned through gritted teeth.

"I will behave ! And I'm not your child ! "

I sighed heavily. It was going to be a long night. I was grumpy and sounded like she was too, so it wasn't going to be easy. I was hoping Herica wasn't going crazy because of the hormones because then this day won't end too well. 

I was a little nervous about this meeting since I didn't know exactly how it was going to go. Hopefully, all the bullshit will be put on the side quickly and we'll all be friends and happy. But this is not a fairytale. 

"Okay, let's calm down. Do you want to talk about something before we go in ? "

"What do you mean ? " She asked folding her arms.

"We're both grumpy for some reason. Since I picked you up from work there is this tension between us and I don't really like it. We're humans so some days we have our moods, but I feel like it's something else. Do we have a problem ? Are you mad at me for something ? "

She shook her head, "No...I'm just a little stressed. I have some things weighting on my head, but I don't want to talk about it in details now." 

"I'm stressed too." I sighed wiping my face with my hand, "We shouldn't take our anger on each other like that. Instead, we should be more open about our personal issues and talk it out."

She nodded, "I agree. But I'm not ready to talk about this specific subject right about now." 

"Okay. When you're ready I'm here." It'd been a bit awkward between Docia and I lately. I could feel that she still wasn't too convinced about Herica and I's friendship and I could bet on it, she also and surely was still angry that I didn't accept to spend less time with my friend. But in life, you can't always have exactly what you want. She had to get over it one day because she was making the situation harder on herself.