≈Chapter XXXIII :

~Los Angeles,

•02/06 {Sunday, 10:08 P.M}

~*~ Dorian ~*~

"I'm so proud of you, RJ ! My big boy won the Super Bowl." Tinashe kissed his cheek multiple times as we all chuckled, while the hero of the day playfully rolled his eyes at his mother's antics.

We were currently having a special dinner at the Cheetah's coach's house with the players and their close family. Instead of celebrating their victory at the club, the Cheetahs preferred to stay the rest of the day with their family and close friends. They planned to go to the club tomorrow and they invited me, but I wasn't sure about this though. I wasn't new to the environment because I went to the club a couple of times back in high school, thanks to my fake ID that an acquaintance of mine got me. Since then and since I was in jail, I didn't went back until now, so it was kind of scaring me a little bit. I didn't know if it was still the same thing or if everything has changed.

When you're locked in prison for seven years, you're cut off the real world during the whole incarceration and once you get out, it feels like you enter in another dimension. Everything is new and you have to get used to things again, that seem to be so normal for other people, but they're not for you anymore.

"Mom, he's not playing alone in this team." Rosy said making everybody laugh.

"I know, I know. Sorry. You all played very well, congratulations again guys." She raised her glass and everybody did the same.

"To the Cheetahs." Coach made the thousandth toast for the night.

"To the Cheetahs ! " We all said in unison and drank. Even if it was celebration time, you could clearly feel the tension that was reigning between Suzanne, her parents and RJ. The three still didn't digest the exciting news. They were still mad at Suzanne for getting pregnant this young. They stopped talking to her for a week now and it was so awkward whenever they were trying to act normal and socialize with each other today. They couldn't even make eye contact and their sentences were so short.

It was a real madness.

•02/07 {Monday, 3:23 P.M}

I sighed heavily as I closed the front door behind me and then locked it. I was so exhausted after the day I had. I only was hunting for my new place, but damn it was tiring. It felt like I'd seen a million of different houses, condos, apartments and duplexes, but none of them caught my eyes yet. Nonetheless, I was happy that Docia hooked me up with her old realtor that was way better than the thirsty one I had. She wasn't lying when she told me that he knew exactly where to go to find the finest places of Los Angeles. But still, I was being my usual complicated self and was giving him a hard time. For my defense though, I just wanted to find the perfect home for me.