≈Chapter XXXV :

~Los Angeles,

•03/24 {Thursday, 12:37 P.M}

~*~ Dorian ~*~

"I'm starving." Herica announced as we were waiting for our food. It'd been awhile since I last saw her and we had a lot of catch up to do, so we decided to hang out today and spend some time together. She changed a bit since we left the hospital. She now had shorter hair and she was sending a whole different vibe. She seemed happier with her life. Something else had changed too, but I couldn't put my finger on it. She looked like she gained some weight though, mainly to her boobs and she was glowing. Her skin was shining like a sunbeam. 

"Relax, the guy just got our orders."

She rolled her eyes, "I don't care, I want my damn food. I'm gonna faint if he doesn't come with our plates right now." 

"You've been upset since we got here. Are you okay ? " I asked concerned. Something was irritating her, I could definitely tell. 

"Yeah, yeah..." She trailed off and sipped some of her water. 

I narrowed my eyes, "What's going on with you ? You're acting funny."

She cleared her throat and looked back at me, "Promise to not judge me ? " She put her elbows on the table and rested her face in her hands before to look up at me again. I nodded and mentioned for her to continue, "Well...I'm pregnant." She immediately avoided eye contact with me as I just sat there and stared at her surprised. 

Of course.

It was making sense now. Her chest was almost exploding out of her dress, she gained weight, even her lips and nose were bigger and she had a glow going on. Plus, she was starving and getting angry because she didn't get her food yet. And she was drinking water. All the signs were presented. 

"Are you going to say something ? " She bit on her bottom lip.

"Uh, yes. Wow...Uh, how far are you ? "

"Four months, going on five in April." First my little cousin, now Herica. Was it the season ? Who was next ? Laylani ? This one though I wouldn't be surprised. 

"Wow ! But..." I paused, trying to get the math right in my head. I was a bit confused, "You fucked someone in the mental hospital ? How ? " The nurses and the security were on our back all the time. We couldn't even go to the bathroom by ourselves. 

She chuckled, "No. There is only you to be asking that kind of questions. Since you're that interested, I met someone right before to go to the institution. I was desperate and wanted to get my mind off my problems, so I went to this club, met this guy and...You already know what happened next."