≈Chapter XXVIII :

~Los Angeles,

•12/21 {Tuesday, 10:54 A.M}

~*~ Dorian ~*~

"Welcome back home ! " Laylani screamed happily as RJ and I walked in. It felt good to finally be outside, back in the real world; and I was happy to be back with my family also. Those two months in the mental hospital were honestly very helpful. It helped me to get rid of some of my demons and to deal with my depression. I was motivated to continue into my progression and to keep bettering myself each and every day. I was going to be more positive with life. 

I opened my arms and she hugged me, "Thanks." 

"I'm so proud of you." We pulled away.

"Thank you, I really appreciate your support. I wouldn't come this far if it wasn't for you two. Thank you so much for dealing with me." 

"Hey, we're a family. Of course that we were going to support you and be by your side through this. You are not alone." He started singing Michael Jackson's song. 

"Please, stop." I chuckled. I took a deep breath and looked around me. It was a bit weird to be back. I felt like I was gone for longer than two months. I felt like a stranger here, to be honest. Like it was the first time that I was stepping foot in his crib. 

"Are you hungry ? " Lani asked as RJ went to put my bags in my room. 

I shook my head, "No."

"Tired ? "

"You don't need to take care of me like that. I'll be fine."

She laughed slightly, "Sorry. I'm getting off your back right now." Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Lani smiled and went to answer the door. Soon, Richard and Tinashe were walking in with the kids following behind them. 

Since I got out, we hadn't had the occasion to really spend some time together. I did see Tinashe a couple of times, since she was my lawyer; but it wasn't the case with Richard and the kids. 

It was crazy to see them now, after exactly seven years and six months. I somewhat saw them growing through pictures, but it didn't feel the same as they were now standing right in front of me. The twins were now beautiful young ladies and the three little ones weren't looking as young as before. 

My little cousins. 

"Dorian ! " Rosetta ran to me and took me in a tight hug, wrapping her arms around my waist. It was insane to think that she was going to turn twelve in five days. She was still a princess, but an older one. She looked up at me, "I missed you."

I grinned, "I missed too. How are you ? "