≈Chapter XLVII :

~Los Angeles,

•07/01 {Saturday, 11:36 A.M}

~*~ Dorian ~*~

"This color is disgusting, we're not buying that ! " I said, grimacing at the onesie Docia was holding up. We were currently shopping for Herica and Iman's baby, Jamala, who was born last week. We were going to pay them a visit to meet the baby and see how they were doing later on the day. 

"What are you talking about ? It's pink and cute for a new born. She'll look so cute in it." She argued and rolled her eyes. We couldn't agree on one thing and we were at Walmart since an hour already. 

"This pink is not cute though. It's flashy ! C'mon now, you're not serious, do you ? You can't be serious. It's horrible. She was born about a week ago and you already want to ruin her life ? "

She smacked her teeth and put it back, "Okay, Mr. I Know Everything, what should we get then ? "

"Something that is actually cute."

She sighed in annoyance as she was shaking her head, with her right hand resting on her forehead. She mumbled something under her breath and then talked directly to me, "I wish good luck to the woman who'll get kids with you in the future." 

"Yeah, I know, me too." 

She chuckled, "You're irritating." 

It'd been two weeks since we made up and things were going very well. When we said that we were going to work on our communication, we kept our words and did so. We also worked on our patience with each other, mainly me and we decided to be more comprehensible on a daily basis, to avoid petty and non-sense arguments. We also discussed about our future, mainly babies and we both agreed that now wasn't the right time. We weren't saying that for the couple, but for each one of us, individually. Docia was more ready than me though, but she wasn't totally ready to started anything to achieve her ''project''.

Things improved between us, but I couldn't say the same for RJ and Lani. It was very awkward between the two and I was afraid of their story coming to an end. But maybe that's what they need to find each other again. Sometimes, time apart is the only solution. But I didn't want them to have to go through a breakup. Lani was miserable and I felt so bad for her. Whenever I was checking up on her, she was crying. RJ him was doing his thing and was acting like nothing was affecting him, but I could see the hurt in his eyes and even in his behavior. You could clearly see that they were lost without each other. 

The love was sure still here, it didn't go away. 

But it was tough. At the twins' graduation, I thought that it was going to be the end of the world, that's how much the tension was reigning that day. Then RJ officially came back home from his little vacation, and Lani and myself were at his crib on this day. Let me tell that I'd never felt that much uncomfortable in my whole life. I felt like the place was about to explode with all that tension. Well, RJ at least congratulated Lani for graduating college again, so you could see that he still cared. 

Well, we'll see how it'll go in a couple of days. 

"Are you listening to me ? " Docia snapped her fingers before my face. 

"Uh...No. Sorry, I was thinking about my cousin and soon to be in-law."

"It's still rocky between them ? "

"Yes, the tension is palpable. Yo ! You'll need ten knives to cut it. That's crazy."

"No matter what happen, don't intervene in their relationship, Dorian. Maybe it'll make it worse. You don't know all the details."