≈Chapter XXXII :

~Los Angeles,

•01/26 {Wednesday, 8:45 A.M}

~*~ Dorian ~*~

"Thanks again for driving me around the city today, Dorian. I feel like it's been forever since I last talked to you. How have you been ? "

I shrugged as I was starting the engine, "You're welcome. Since I had nothing else to do today, it was absolutely not a problem to do this for you and I've been living life."

"Wow ! Nice to know where we're standing, fake friend."

I chuckled, "You'll be alright. I'm glad we're finally able to hang out together. How have you been ? How does it feel to be married and to be a mother ? It's so strange to say that after seeing you growing up." 

"I'm older than you." She laughed.

It'd been two weeks since the date with Docia and for some reason I've been feeling really happy since then. I enjoyed to spend so many hours with her and to get to know her more. I loved how we connected so easily and how easy it was for me to be just myself with her. I didn't feel awkward one moment during the night. It was crazy how comfortable I was with her after all these months of me trying to be nothing else but the most complicated individual on Earth. 

It was my very first date and I was happy and relieved to have waited that long for it to happen. I couldn't wait to have another one though. I wanted to spend every one of my days with Docia after that night. She was goofy, attentive, talkative, sweet and she had the most beautiful smile of the universe. Thinking about her was enough to put me into a very good mood. 

"Why are you smiling so hard ? What is happening with you ? " Tanya asked, looking at me beaming. 

Last time I saw her physically was maybe nine years ago since she was always so busy and plus the family's situation was weird, then I got incarcerated. Tanya was Tinashe's little sister, so RJ's auntie and today was her thirty-fifth birthday. We didn't plan something because she asked us not to and plus it was a little bit difficult since everybody had a very busy schedule for the day. Instead, she planned to spoil herself all day and to chill by herself. She was a business woman, mother, wife, sister, cousin, aunt, etc... for the rest of the year, but today she just wanted to be Tanya and to be bothered by nobody. 

Nobody, except me. 

We'd seen each other before today, but it was always at family's event like Christmas and birthdays and plus I only started to hang out with my family recently, so we didn't really have the time to discuss together and catch up on each other's life. 

"Nothing. I can't smile ? "

"Yes, you can. But since we'd known each other, I'd never seen you happy like this. Already when you were a kid, you were very strange and it seems like it got worse." 

"Ha-ha ! You're so funny."

She pinched my cheek, "Ouuuuh ! Little Dorian is in love ! I'm so happy for you."

I frowned, "What are you talking about ? "

"Oh, c'mon ! I had that face too when I first got with Laith. I was literally the eyes-heart emoji."

My frown only deepened, "Was ? " 

She had a sad face on now, "Things changes, all the time." 

"What..."

"Laith and I are getting a divorce." She blurted out, surprising me. 

"But why ? " I didn't know how long they'd been married, but I thought that everything was alright with them.