≈Chapter XL :

~Los Angeles,

•05/13 {Saturday, 8:27 A.M}

~*~ Dorian ~*~

"Are you not excited to be off probation next month ? "

I quickly rolled my eyes, already tired of this and I got there only two minutes ago. Of course I was happy to get off probation, this shit was getting aggravating with the time. I couldn't believe I lasted the whole year though. I almost lost my mind, but I made it. Finally ! I was going to be free for real this time. They were going to be off my back for real and I was going to make sure to not have to deal with the law ever again. I couldn't wait to be in June.

"I don't know if it was safe to listen to this therapist. Maybe I should put you--"

I immediately placed a fake smile on my face, "No, no, no. He was right ! I don't need a therapist anymore." I never knew exactly what Dr. Kaynes --the therapist from the mental hospital-- told my P.O but I was forever grateful for him. Thanks to his words, I didn't have to go to therapy for the last months of my probation. I made a mental note to write him a mail to thank him later.

"Alright. Well, let's start it. I'm going to ask you some questions and then we'll do the drugs and alcohol tests. As usual. " I nodded, "So, are you still working as an assistant for your cousin uh, RJ Willkingston ? " I loved my little cousin more than life itself. Word weren't enough to explain the love. He was always there for me, no matter what and it was the same for me. I wasn't really working for him, but since Mr. Collins was getting on my nerves by pressuring me to find a job, we decided to pull this together. We got all the papers and tell in advance the people that needed to know about the whole trickery in case he wanted to catch us in our lie. Laylani and the twins were the ones who came up with this idea actually.

He wasn't too much on my back anymore since I told him that, so it wasn't too difficult to lie. But in case he wanted to play Sherlock Holmes, we had everything under control.

I love my family with all my heart and my soul.

I could go and try to find a job, but I only got my high school diploma, a record for murder and a bad temper. Like who would want to hire me ? Nobody. I didn't plan to go to college because school was just not for me. I didn't know what to study anyways. And it's not like I was in need of finding a job. With my multiple heritages from my parents and grandmothers, I was good for life.

But I did want to do something to bring more money to the table, especially for my future kids. I didn't have to struggle while I grew up and I didn't want that for them either because it would be unfair. I'll figure something out eventually.

After several more annoying questions and the tests, I was ready to go. I was so impatient to be completely done with it. As I was getting in my car, my phone suddenly rang. I pulled it out and answered, "Wassup ? "

"How did it go ? "

"Very well, boss. You're still at home ? "

He chuckled, "I can't believe it's that easy. And yeah, I just woke up. I'm about to make some breakfast for Lani."

"Are you still sure you want to do this ? "

"Yes ! At 100 percent."

I smiled, feeling like a proud father/uncle/big brother. My little brother was growing up so fast. I couldn't believe it though; it was going to be a big step for RJ and Lani, but we couldn't wait anymore. Yes, we. I was living through their story sometimes. Let me have some joy.

"Do you want to go shopping for it today ? "

"Yeah. She's having that girls' days with her best friends, so it's the perfect time to do it. She won't want to tag along with us when we'll go out since she'll be busy with them. Hopefully they don't cancel. But yeah, we can go to Mr.Jorry. He's the one who made the ring for my mom."