≈Chapter IX :

~Los Angeles,

•06/12 {Friday, 12:45 P.M}

~*~ Docia ~*~

"Well..." I trailed off furrowing my eyebrows. I wasn't expecting that when I woke up this morning. I was even wondering if it wasn't another game he was trying to play with me. This man was smart and knew what he was doing. But on the other hand, the apology sounded sincere. I didn't know what to say at this point.

"Uh...Are you still there ? "

I cleared my throat getting my thoughts in order, "Yes...I'm...I appreciate that you apologized. And I'm uh...I forgive you. But if you're not changing of therapist and still want me, then it's better be the first and last time something like that is happening. Got it ? "

"Thanks. And yes, of course, I won't let that happen again. And uh..." He let escape a loud sigh, "...Please, can you not tell my P.O what occurred yesterday ? Please. If he finds out I left another session before the end, he's gonna send me back in prison and I really really really don't need to go back there."

I bit on my bottom lip listening carefully to his tone of voice. Sounded sincere once again, "Okay. I won't tell him, but only under one condition though." 

I heard him curse under his breath and I could bet on it, he must have rolled his eyes. I smiled evilly already knowing that I'll have what I wanted since the beginning of our sessions anyways, "And what is that ? "

I hummed to get on his nerves, "Well...From now on, you're going to stop playing mind games with me and will take these therapy sessions seriously. Mr.Willkingston, I really want to help you, but I can't do it if you don't let me. So ? "

It was the silence at the other end of the line for a moment before he spoke again. 

"Okay." 

I grinned, "Yes ! Yes ! Yes ! " 

He chuckled, "Why are you so happy for ? " He asked causing me to calm down immediately. I didn't realize my big excitement until he said that. But I couldn't help. I was finally going to be able to help him and for real this time. Maybe I will save him before his explosion. I won't let him sink in the ocean of turmoil. He just needed to open up and let his feeling and emotions express. He just needed to talk to someone and then he will feel better. 

"Oh...Uh...I'll finally be able to do my job and so have my money properly. By the way, talking about job, did you find one ? " I questioned changing the subject of conversation quickly. 

"Actually, yes. One day come visit me at Pizza Hut." 

"Congrats ! When are you starting ? "

"Tomorrow."

"And are you excited ? "

"Not really. But I planned to do it for some months, like three maximum, to have my P.O off my back for awhile and then I'll find something else to do." 

"Like what ? "

"I don't know yet, but I'll find something. Maybe start my own thing. I'm not the type of person who likes to be bossed around. I want to be the one giving orders." 

"I feel you on this." 

"Ah ! I knew it. You're not too satisfied being a therapist, are you ? "

I thought about this for a couple of minutes. It's not like I didn't want to do this anymore, but I was bored with my life right now. I needed to accomplish something new. To have new challenges and obstacles to overcome; and it was more than having Mr.Willkingston and his hardheaded as a new patient. I needed a new project. Well, I actually had one, but I was still scared to make the first move because it wasn't a little thing. It was going to change my life forever. But if I never jump, then it will never happen.

"It's not that. It's just...my life is too monotone." I explained simply.

"Oh, then try to smoke the cigarette." He said and I frowned not knowing when it was coming from. Personally, I thought it had nothing to do with the current conversation. And he sounded angry too. What was going on ? 

"What ? "

"Never mind. I have to go. I see you next Thursday, right ? "

"Yes. Have a nice day, Mr.Willkingston." 

"Uh, you can call me Dorian. I'm not too used of people calling me mister and I don't really like it. Bye." 

"Bye." We hung up. 

I sighed and sat on the couch in my office. I grabbed my laptop, placed it on my lap and stared at the website I was on for a moment. Should I do it or not ? I asked myself biting nervously on my lip, while playing simultaneously with my fingers. I took a deep breath and put my phone out of my bag. My foot started tapping rapidly on the carpet. 

I dialed Yemi's number, pressed the call button and then put it on my ear. I wait four rings before she answered, "Hey ! How are you ? "

"Hey. I'm fine and you ? I'm not bothering you, right ? "

"Feeling good. And never. What's going on best friend ? "

"I think I'm going to do it, but it's so frightening."

"I thought you wanted to wait a bit longer...to find the right partner to go through this with you. Isn't it still the case ? "

I finger combed my hair, "I don't have time to wait on a love partner. I'm in my early thirties now and I'm not getting younger with the years. Yemi, that's really what I want to do with my life. I...I need it."

"Are you sure at hundred percent ? "

"I'm on the website and I'm going to call them...today." 

"Today ? Wow ! Wait, I want to be here when you'll do that. If you don't want to wait on a love partner, at least let your best friend go through this process with you. Come to the house after work and we'll call them together. Please, I really want to be by your side when you'll do that. Like, it's going to be the very first step to this very new adventure. I can only be there ! " 

I beamed as my heart warmed up. Yemi Olufé wasn't my best friend for no reason. She was even more than that. She was a sister to me. A sister from another set of parents. We met in our freshman year in high school, in our biology class and since then we were inseparable. We became best friends after spending one day together. I know, crazy right ? But we just had that strong connection since the very beginning and the first time we talked together, we immediately knew we could trust each other. And it had never been proved wrong. We had always been there for each other's big moments. We hadn't a lot of close friends and family around us, so we were always making sure to be a real support system for the other one whenever she needed it. 

"Okay ! " I nervously laughed, "I still can't believe I'm going to actually do this. I'm so scared. And if they say no ? "

"They won't say no. You're going to be the best mother." 

________________________

Feel free to comment and/or to vote =) 

•A/N: This is not a long chapter, but it's still important. Be careful to every little details because they're giving hints for the next chapters. For now, what are your thoughts about Dorian and Docia ? 

THANKS FOR READING ! 💗

CissyItsMe 💋✌❤