Chapter XLII :

~Los Angeles,

•05/25 {Thursday, 2:15 P.M}

~*~ Dorian ~*~

I couldn't believe it, but I was about to finally do it. After all those years, I was finally about to tell the whole story once again. The only time I did it was when I went to my cousins' house for help and had to explain everything to Richard and Tinashe. Since then, my people and I were scared --I guess-- to associate me and this tragedy. It was always awkward whenever we were talking about the whole situation. Well, nobody really knew the reason of my incarceration except my mother, Richard, Tinashe and RJ.

But now another person was about to know and I didn't know how she was going to react, I was anxious to make her look at me a total other way and I was afraid to make her run away, but I felt like I had to be honest with her and I trusted her anyways, so why not ?

I was just hoping that she won't see me as a monster because that's what I wasn't. I was a teenager and we were in a very fool situation, and I just wanted to protect my mother. Never in my life I wanted to kill one of my parents and waste some of my precious time of life in prison.

But that's what happened, that was my life and I had to live with it now.

"Do you want to start ? " I asked and bit on my bottom lip.

She took a deep breath, "Curtis and I went through another heat argument and I was completely done with our marriage. This day, I was just thinking about one thing and it was to get my son and I out of this messed up situation. I had already prepared everything for us to leave the house for good in the afternoon. We woke up in the morning and I drove him to day care as usual and went to work. I was finishing at 3 P.M and I planned to go back home to take our stuff and then bring them to the hotel room where we were going to stay for a couple of days." She paused licking her lips.

I placed my hand on her shoulder to show her my support, "Take your time, don't worry."

She nodded, "The women that were taking care of the kids were really nice and very helpful. When I got home, I decided to call them so they could know that I was going to be late to pick up Elijah, but then they were telling me to not worry because his father already came earlier and that he was in good hands. The things is Curtis was going crazy those past weeks and I'd never seen him acting like that before. It was so frightening. I tried to help and do my best as his wife, but it seems like it was too late, like if he was already too lost to be saved. The night before he was really talking reckless and saying the most insane things I ever heard getting out of his mouth. That's why I decided to leave the house without telling him, because I was scared of what he could do knowing that. Every time I warned him about leaving with Elijah if he didn't get some professional help, he was telling me to not play with him and that I'll regret to ever think about leaving with his son." She chocked a little and took another deep breath.

"I was panicking when she told me that he picked him up. I tried to call him, but he wasn't answering. I tried for ten minutes while trying to find out where he could have taken my son. Finally, he called me, but only to tell me bye and then hang up on my face. Minutes after he was calling again, but when I picked up, he wasn't talking. I could only hear his breathing." She bit on her lip and closed her eyes for a second.

"Then I heard my baby's voice...He was laughing. It calmed me a little...until I heard a scream, his scream. He was telling Curtis that there was a fire and that they needed to get out, then he ended the call." A tear fell from her eye and I wiped it with my thumb.