Bloodlust-Dealing

A/N: Wow, been a while guys!! So sorry. I was holiday all last week and didn't have wifi so I couldn't update. When I came back, I decided to just catch up on some requests I had so I could come back to this without other things brewing in my head. Thank you for sticking with me, I know I'm shitty. Just been struggling to write at the moment and it didn't help that the site I watch supernatural on decided to be blocked!!!!! But you guys are amazing, thank you for being you!!!

P.S. I know that cast stay on for like six weeks....but I can't be bothered. It's been like 5-6 weeks anyway so were just gonna imagine it's gone<3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Katherine P.O.V

Sadly, despite my protests, we ended up back at the bar. I ordered something extra strong-needing the comfort of alcohol. A waitress came over to out able, bringing another round and placing it down. Dean reached for his wallet but Gordon stopped him.

"No, no, I got it." Gordon denied, pulling out his own wallet.

"Come on." Dean paused with a smirk.

"I insist."Gordon shook his head, holding out a finger before pulling out some bills, dropping them onto the waitresses tray."Thank you, sweetie." The waitress smiled in thanks and walked away as Gordon raised a shot glass."Another one bites the dust."He toasted to Dean.

"That's right."Dean agreed, clinking his own shot glass to Gordon's. Sam sat back in his chair, his arms crossed while I was lent on the table, drinking generously from my whiskey glass.

"Dean."Gordon started then broke of laughing."You gave that big-ass fang one hell of a haircut, my friend."

"Thank you." Dean smiled from the compliment, downing his shot.

"That was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful." Gordon continued and I rolled my eyes. Beautiful my ass. I was a hunter, yes. I killed creatures without a second thought and I will admit that it made me feel better, in a sick sort of way. But what Dean did was terrifying and gruesome. Beautiful would never be the word I'd use to describe what had happened.

"Yep. You alright, Sammy? Kat?" Dean asked, seeming to notice how we were both holding ourselves away from the two men at the table.

"I'm fine." Sam muttered and I simply took another drink from my whiskey, not bothering to answer.

"Well, lighten up a little, Sammy. Kat." Gordon told us with a wide smirk and I winced slightly. It wasn't uncommon for people to pick up on my nickname and use it. In fact, I preferred Kat to Katherine or Kate. But coming from his mouth, I loathed it.

"They're the only one who gets to call me that." Sam grumbled, motioning to me and Dean. Dean rolled his eyes slightly, looking down at the table as Gordon's eyes shifted to me.

"Kat?" Gordon questioned, testing the waters. I could see the challenge in his eyes and I wanted nothing more than to slap that smirk off his face.

I sighed, wanting to snap and tell him it was Katherine. But one look at Dean and I knew he wouldn't appreciate it. He seemed annoyed at Sam's reluctance. "That's my name." I smirked sarcastically, bringing my glass up and tilting it before downing the entire thing.

Gordon looked back to Sam and raised his hands slightly in defense."Well, no offense meant. Just celebrating a little. Job well done."

"Right. Well, decapitations aren't my idea of a good time, I guess." Sam shrugged and I smirked, covering my mouth so no one could see.

"Oh, come one, man, it's not like it was human. You've gotta have a little more fun with your job." Gordon said and I looked up with disgust on my face.

"See? That's what I've been trying to tell them. You could learn a thing or two from this guy." Dean said, pointing at Gordon and smirking. Gordon had a wide grin on his face but I kept my expression cold.

Sam looked between the two in disbelief before shaking his head, starting to stand up."Yeah I bet I could. Look, I'm not gonna bring you guys down. I'm just gonna go back to the motel."

Dean sighed, rubbing his hand down his face and setting his drink down."You sure?"

"Yeah." Sam muttered then looked down to me. "Kat?"

I debated it for a moment, a big part of me reluctant to leave Dean alone with him. But I just couldn't stand to sit here and listen to them any longer. I sighed, downing the rest of my drink before standing, noticing how Dean sighed, looking disappointed that I didn't decide to stay. "Yeah, I'm tired anyway." I muttered, walking around the table.

"Shame. We could of had some fun." Gordon chuckled and I clenched my jaw, straining from making a comment which made Sam smile. I shook my head and tugged on Sam's arm, leading him away.

"Guys? Remind me to beat that buzzkill out of you later, alright?" Dean teased, throwing his brother the keys. I rolled my eyes, but kept my eyes on the two for a moment longer. I had a bad feeling about the things Gordon was saying. With one final glance, I walked out the bar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The car ride back to the motel was short as neither Sam nor I knew how to fill the silence. It wasn't that I felt awkward around him or anything, it was just that my mind was entirely focused on Dean. Sam seemed to be having the same thoughts as we waltzed into the room, Sam dropping the car keys onto a cactus hook.

I snatched my phone from the table. "I'm calling Ellen. I wanna know more about this Gordon guy."

"Yeah. Good idea." Sam agreed, sitting at the table with a sigh.

The phone rang for a few seconds as I chewed on my lip nervously before Ellen's soft voice filtered through."Harvelle's Roadhouse."

"Hey, Ellen." I greeted, trying to make my voice sound less concerned than it was. Music was playing in the background and loud chatter, meaning the roadhouse was having a busy night.

"Hey baby, it's good to hear from you. You guys are okay, aren't you?" She asked, slight concern entering her tone.

"Yeah. Yeah, everything's fine. Got a question." I asked, walking over to sit on the end of my bed. Sam watched me curiously, waiting for the answer.

"Yeah, shoot." Ellen said and shifting was heard on the other line.

"You ever run across a guy named Gordon Walker?" I questioned.

"Yeah, I know Gordon." Ellen announced, nothing in her tone to suggest anything bad.

"And?" I pushed, tilting my head slightly.

"Well, he's a real good hunter. Why are you asking, sweetie?" Ellen inquired, her tone sounding slightly suspicious.

"Well, we ran into him on a job and we're kinda working with him, I guess." I informed her, pinching the bridge of my nose as a headache grew.

"Don't do that, Kat." Ellen snapped, concern mixing with anger.

"I - I thought you said he was a good hunter." I furrowed my eyebrows, my interest peaked. Sam sat up a little straighter.

"Yeah, and Hannibal Lecter's a good psychiatrist. Look, he is dangerous to everyone and everything around him. If he's working on a job you and the boys just let him handle it and you move on."She warned, her tone stern.

"Ellen -"I started, shaking my head, slightly confused.

"No, baby. You -- just listen to what I'm telling you, okay?" Ellen interrupted me, sounding really concerned.

"Right, okay." I sighed, looking to Sam.

"You be careful around him, honey. You call as soon as you can, you hear me?"

"Yeah, of course. Bye aunt Ellen." I hung up the phone, my hands falling limply in my lap.

"Well, by the tone in your voice and the look on your face.....something's wrong?" Sam guessed, getting up from the table to sit beside me on the bed.

"She said to stay out of his way. That's he ain't good." I told him, instantly starting to worry for Dean.

"Yeah, I figured as much." Sam sighed, shaking his head. For a moment, we sat in silence, the new sinking in. Sam sighed making me look up at him and my blue eyes connected with his concerned ones. "How you doing?"

"What?" I asked slightly shocked by the turn of subject.

"Well, we haven't really been alone in a while and we haven't had a talk. So, I wanna know how you're doing, with everything." Sam asked and I furrowed my eyebrows, chuckling slightly.

"I'm fine, Moose." I assured him, patting him on the knee before standing up.

"You sure?" He asked, making me pause and turn to look at him.

"Yeah, I'm sure." I said but he didn't seem to believe anything I was saying. I was confused as to why he was pushing, I thought I had been doing a pretty good job of hiding my emotions from the two of them.

Sam sighed, shaking his head."Can you stop trying to shut me out?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." I stated, biting my lip as he raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah you do. Kat, come one. Tell me the truth, what's wrong?"Sam asked again. His picking was beginning to tear me down. Oh how I wanted to talk to my best friend, to finally have someone to talk to about it.

"Nothing's wrong, Sammy. I don't know what you want me to say." My voice raised slightly as I became frustrated. Feelings were bubbling beneath the surface but I didn't want to let them out. I didn't want to tell him about how I was struggling with John's death or about what happened with Dean.

"I want you to be honest. I know you aren't okay, Kat." Sam said softly. I sighed, not getting why he wanted to talk about it.

"Okay, fine. Maybe I'm struggling but it doesn't matter." I said, the words slipping out of my mouth. I regretted them as soon as I saw the sympathy on his face.

"Why doesn't it matter?" Sam questioned, standing up.

"Cause you and Dean have it so much worse." I snapped.

He sighed, his eyebrows furrowing on understanding and concern."He was family to you too, Kat."

My lip quivered slightly and I violently shook my head to try and clear my eyes but was stopped when Sam's warm, secure arms wrapped around me. For a second I didn't react, simply too shocked that he was the one comforting me. When his arms tightened and his head fell into the crook of my neck, I finally snapped out of my daze and looped my arms around his back. We didn't move, only stood there holding each other in support. I knew he wasn't dealing with it very well and although I tried to hide it, I knew he knew the same about me.

"Neither of us would ever be mad at you for hurting, Kat." Sam whispered after a moment. I didn't answer, just buried my head into his chest as a sign of acknowledgement. Dean had already said the same thing but I still felt wrong for voicing my pain.

After a moment, we pulled away and I looked up at him with a soft smile. "Thanks, Sammy."

"Anytime." He nodded, ruffling my hair. I was glad that the heavy atmosphere lifted from that simple action as I always hated talking about my feelings. I didn't like to cry so I found any excuse not to. However, as much as I wanted to forget about this conversation and move on, Sam seemed to have other ideas. He hesitated, seeming nervous to ask his next question.

I rolled my eyes, letting out a huff. I didn't want to talk about anything but his indecisiveness was irritating me and I just wanted him to spit it out. "What is it?"

"It just-is there anything going with....with, um, you and Dean?" Sam slowly questioned making my eyes widen.

"What?" I asked, scoffing. That wasn't what I expected to come out of his mouth and it was a drastic change from the previous conversation. "Why would you say that?"

Sam shrugged and sat back down on the motel bed, looking up at me."Well, you've kind of been off with each other for a while. And I'm not blind....I do see something happened."

"I-"

"Like at the hospital. When you came through the door you looked completely devastated, like something had happened and you looked shocked when you saw Dean awake. I mean, I was too but you....there's something you're not saying." He continued, cutting me off. He looked away, shaking his head as he explained.

"Sam-"I tried, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Or how weeks after, you completely avoided everything and everyone. Or at the roadhouse with Jo. I know you like him, Kat. But......you seem-I don't know. Heartbroken."

I sighed, walking slowly to sit beside him on the bed. He patiently turned to look at me as I fiddled with fingers." He said he loved me."

"What?" Sam asked shocked. A big grin grew on his face. "I don't see the problem then."

"Because he woke up and didn't remember." I whispered.

Realization fell on his face and he looked away."Oh."

"Yeah, oh." I nodded, half smiling sadly. "He told me he had to leave, kept saying goodbye. The he told me he loved me. I tried to stop him but I thought-" I cut myself off with a harsh cough."Anyway, the point is, he said it but he doesn't remember and I can't help but feel like he only said it because I confessed."

Sam raised an eyebrow."You confessed?"

"Yeah, perfect timing, I know." I chuckled."I didn't want him to never know but how was I supposed to know he'd hear."

Sam tilted his head in question."I'm confused. Why does this mean you're avoiding him?"

"It's kind of stupid now that I think about it. It's just that...he must have said it cause he felt bad, you know? I shouldn't have been so stupid and believed him." I shook my head. Sam furrowed his eyebrows but I shook my head, standing up. "How bout we go get a soda?"

"Soda?"

I giggled and threw my hands up."Yes, it's a drink. I don't know if you've heard of it before-"

"Alright, smartass." Sam grumbled, standing up and pushing my shoulders to force me out the room. We laughed as we headed towards the lone vending machine. The earlier, heavy conversation seemed to be forgotten and for that, I was grateful. Sam always had a way of helping me get it off my chest but after, helping me forget and smile.

Sam put the money in, pushing two buttons to retrieve two cans. As I lent against the cool metal, I couldn't help but feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand on edge like I was being watched. Sam looked up at me and smiled, holding up two cans and signalling that we should head back. We started walking side by side but I could sense that Sam had the same feeling I did as he paused, looking around him slightly so not to alert the person-or thing-that was watching us. Slowly, he opened one of the cans, handing the other to me to make it look like that was why he stopped and then carried on walking.

Cautiously, he glanced around before opening the door, ushering me inside and closing it behind us. I sighed in relief, walking forward and placing my can on the table. Suddenly, something jumped onto my back from behind and I let out a yelp as arms wrapped around my throat.

"Kat!" Sam yelled and the person was thrown off me, Sam punching him to the ground. I spun quickly, seeing another man coming at us and threw a punch, knocking him to the floor. I heard a loud bang and turned to see the other man had gotten up and whacked Sam over the head with the telephone, knocking him out. My eyes widened and I dove for my duffel bag but before I could reach it, my head was slammed into the wall, everything turning black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I came to, I was aware that I was in a moving vehicle. My mouth was gagged and I had a bag over my head, preventing me from seeing anything. I could feel body heat next to me and only hoped that it was Sam. After a moment, the trunk popped open and I was violently tugged from there, being dragged somewhere else. Someone threw me onto a chair and started to tie my hands down before finally pulling the sack off my head.

I blinked against the harsh light and glanced around, sighing in short relief when I saw Sam in a similar position next to me. He looked at me for a second before his eyes flickered to the man before us, mine shorty following. I recalled him from earlier; the bartender. As we stared, he opened his mouth revealing a mouth full of fangs and advanced forward towards me. I struggled, muffled yells escaping my mouth as I tried to pull away. Sam was wriggling, trying to get to me but his restraints restricted him.

"Wait! Step back, Eli." A woman's voice called and I looked to my right, seeing her  stood in the doorway. The man-Eli-pulled back, his fangs retracting. I let out a breath as the woman started to walk over, pulling mine and Sam's gags out our mouths."My name's Lenore. I'm not going to hurt you. We just need to talk."

"Talk? Yeah, okay, but I might have a tough time paying attention to much besides Eli's teeth."I snapped, my breath coming out in pants.

"He won't hurt you either. You have my word."Lenore assured but I scoffed.

"Your word? Oh yeah, great, thanks. Listen lady, no offense but you're not the first vampire I've met." I hissed, looking between the pair.

"We're not like the others. We don't kill humans, and we don't drink their blood. We haven't for a long time." Lenore said.

Sam furrowed his eyebrows.​​​​​​, speaking for the first time."What is this, some kind of joke?"

"Notice you're still alive." Lenore pointed out.

Sam let out a breath that almost sounded like a chuckle and raised an eyebrow."Okay, uh, correct me if I'm wrong here, but shouldn't you be starving to death?"

"We've found other ways. Cattle blood." Lenore explained, glancing at Eli.

I tilted my head, thinking back to all the cow mutilations in the area."You're telling me you're responsible for all the --"

"It's not ideal, in fact it's disgusting. But -- it allows us to get by."Lenore cut me off, her face showing distaste.

"Okay, uh, why?"Sam asked, deciding to play along.

"Survival."Lenore stated, turning round and pacing, her arms over her chest."No deaths, no missing locals, no reason for people like you to come looking for people like us. We blend in. Our kind is practically extinct. Turns out we weren't quite as high up the food chain as we imagined."

"Why are we explaining ourselves to this killers?"Eli suddenly growled.

"Eli!"Lenore reprimanded and I turned to look at him as he stalked towards us.

"We choke on cow's blood so that none of them suffer. Tonight they murdered Conrad and they celebrated." Eli hissed, his face showing hatred.

"Eli, that's enough." Lenore snapped.

"Yeah, Eli, that's enough."Sam mocked.

"What's done is done."Lenore said and turned her attention back to us."We're leaving this town tonight."

"Then why did you bring us here? Why are you even talking to us?" I questioned, shrugging my shoulder the best I could with my hands tied behind my back.

"Believe me, I'd rather not. But I know your kind. Once you have the scent you'll keep tracking us. It doesn't matter where we go. Hunters will find us." Lenore explained.

"So you're asking us not to follow you."Sam stated rather than questioned, already knowing the answer.

"We have a right to live. We're not hurting anyone."Lenore said, her voice sounding sincere.

But I couldn't quite believe her. I was brought up to think monster means monster after all."Right, so you keep saying, but give me one good reason why I should believe you."

"Fine."Lenore huffed, getting close to my face. I flinched away as Sam watched cautiously."You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to let you go." I looked at her surprised as she lent back up, stepping back."Take them back. Not a mark on 'em."

A sack was pushed back over my head and hands gripped onto my upper arms, tugging me from the chair. I was dragged through the house and outside; the cold air and the sound of wind being my indicator. The sound of a car door opening filled my head and then I was pushed inside, Sam's body sliding in after me. I lent against him as if to assure myself he was there as the car's engine rumbled to life, pulling onto the road.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eli and the other vampire dropped us off on the side of the road, ridding s from the ties and sacks. I clenched my jaw, my eyes suspicious as Eli took a step back but just as he got back into the truck, I gave him a reassuring nod. For some reason, I believed the things Lenore had said. They drove off, leaving Sam and I alone as we started to hike back to the motel. Neither of us spoke a word, both processing what had just happened.

When we got to our door, I pushed it open, stepping inside to see Gordon and Dean sat at the table, maps and papers strewn across the surface. Dean looked up at us with a slightly concerned face."Where you been?"

"Can we talk to you alone?"I asked, my tone quiet.

Dean raised an eyebrow but turned back to Gordon."You mind chillin' out for a couple minutes?"Gordon shook his head and Dean stood up, walking towards him. I grabbed his arm, dragging him out the motel room as Sam shut the door behind us."Woah."

We started walking through the parking lot as I tried to word my thoughts."Dean, maybe we've got to rethink this hunt."

"What are you talking about? Where were you guys?"Dean inquired.

I chuckled almost in disbelief and looked up at the sky."In the nest."

"You found it?"Dean asked, shocked.

Sam shook his head."They found us, man."

"How'd you get out? How many'd you kill?"Dean questioned, throwing his arms out.

I shrugged looking at Dean."None."

Dean chuckled, furrowing his eyebrows."Well Kat, they didn't just let you guys go."

"That's exactly what they did."I corrected, not believing the words myself.

"Alright, well, where is it?" Dean asked.

"We were blindfolded, I don't know."Sam explained, shrugging.

"Well, you've got to know something."Dean accused, motioning for one of us to tell him.

"We went over that bridge outside of town, but Dean, listen. Maybe we shouldn't go after them."I told him and a quick look at Sam told me he felt the same.

"Why not?"Dean questioned, confused.

"I don't think they're like other vampires. I don't think they're killing people."I explained, imploring him to understand.

"You're joking."Dean said but saw the serious expression on my face. He looked to Sam for back up but was met with a similar expression. He looked between the two of us like we were crazy." Then how do they stay alive? Or undead, or whatever the hell they are."

"The cattle mutilations. They said they live off of animal blood." Sam expressed.

"And you both believed them?" Dean asked, laughing as he thought we were stupid.

"Look at us, Dean. They let us go without a scratch." I showed him, holding my arms out. His eyes wandered down my body and for a split second, I thought he understood.

"Wait, so you're saying... No, man, no way. I don't know why they let you go. I don't really care. We find 'em, we waste 'em."Dean stated and started to walk off. I looked to Sam in alarm and jogged forward to catch up to him.

"Why?" I called out making him halt.

"What part of 'vampires' don't you understand, guys? If it's supernatural, we kill it, end of story. That's our job."Dean said as Sam came to a stop beside us.

"No, Dean, that is not our job. Our job is hunting evil. And if these things aren't killing people, they're not evil!"Sam explained, his voice becoming frustrated.

"Of course they're killing people, that's what they do. They're all the same, Sam. They're not human, okay? We have to exterminate every last one of them."Dean shouted.

"No, Dean, I don't think so, all right? Not this time."I shook my head.

"Gordon's been on those vamps for a year, man, he knows."Dean motioned behind him and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Gordon?"I scoffed.

"Yes."Dean agreed and I bit my lip to stop myself from shouting.

"You're taking his word for it?"Sam asked, seeming shocked at his brother.

"That's right."Dean nodded.

"Ellen says he's bad news."I commented.

"You called Ellen?" Dean asked, looking like he disliked the idea. I nodded."And I'm supposed to listen to her? Sam and I barely know her, Kat, no thanks, I'll go with Gordon."

I scoffed, shaking my head. He knew I've known Ellen almost my entire life so my word should have been enough."Right, 'cause Gordon's such an old friend. You don't think I can see what this is?"

"What are you talking about?"Dean asked.

Before I could even stop the words from slipping out my mouth, I stepped forward."He's a substitute for John, isn't he? A poor one."

"Shut up, Kat."Dean growled, turning away.

"He's not even close, Dean. Not on his best day."I continued, stalking after him. Sam stayed behind us a little bit, knowing that I needed to get this all off my chest. He also agreed that Dean needed to deal with this a different way.

"You know what? I'm not even going to talk about this."Dean spun to face me, a big smile on his face.

"You know, you slap on this big fake smile but I can see right through it. Because I know how you feel, Dean. John's dead. And he left a hole, and it hurts so bad you can't take it, but you can't just fill up that hole with whoever you want to. It's an insult to his memory." I yelled, my own pain coming through my words.

Dean's expression didn't falter as he smirked."Okay."

He started to turn away but suddenly spun back, gripping onto my shoulders and throwing me to the floor harshly. "Dean!"Sam shouted, shoving him back. Dean looked down at me on the floor, part of his expression still angry and the other part seeming regretful.

Slowly, I rose to my feet, flexing my left hand. It had only just came out of it's cast so it was still sensitive."You hit me all you want. It won't change anything." I whispered.

Dean ran his tongue over his teeth in annoyance before pointing a finger at me."I'm going to that nest. You don't want to tell me where it is, fine. I'll find it myself."

He looked at me with hard eyes and stormed back to the motel room. Sam started to walk after him."Dean?"

I followed, walking into the room to find it empty. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked around."Gordon?"Dean called but no one answered.

"You think he went after them?"Sam questioned as I stepped further into the room.

"Probably."Dean agreed.

"Dean, we have to stop him."I pleaded.

"Really, Kat? Because I say we lend a hand."Dean continued to fight me on it.

I growled in frustration."Just give me the benefit of the doubt, would you? You owe me that."

"Yeah, we'll see. I'll drive. Give me the keys."Dean held his hand out. Sam pointed tot he table where he discarded them earlier but there was nothing there.

"He snaked the keys."Sam breathed out. Dean looked at us both in disbelief and growled, pushing past us to his car.

Sam and I shared a look before trailing after him, sliding into our designated seats. Dean bent over his dashboard, pulling out some wires to hotwire the Impala. I could see him grimacing and couldn't help the smirk that fell onto my face as I pulled a map out, unfolding it on my lap."I can't believe this. I just fixed her up, too." The car purred to life and Dean turned back in the seat to face me."So the bridge, is that, uh, is that all you got?"

"The bridge was four and a half minutes from their farm."I announced, finding the bridge on the map.

"How do you know?"Dean questioned and I looked up at him.

"I counted."I stated and Dean looked impressed. I started to trace the math on the map."They took a left out of the farm, then turned right onto a dirt road, followed that for two minutes slightly up a hill, then took another quick right and we hit the bridge."

​​​​​​​"You're good. You're a monster pain in the ass, but you're good."Dean complimented and pulled out of the parking lot.