Scarecrow-Orchard

Sam's P.O.V

The sun had risen and I was still walking along a road. No cars had passed me for miles and I hadn't bothered to stop for a rest. Thunder sounded, warning me that a storm was brewing and I turned in the direction it came from, seeing dark clouds ahead. When I turned back, I noticed a girl sat on her bags by the side of the road. I couldn't see her face but she had blonde hair styled in a pixie cut.

"Hey."I called to her but got no reply. I could hear music playing from the earphones she was wearing. I shifted my bad on my shoulder and bent down, tapping her shoulder. She jumped, standing up and spinning around abruptly. I held my hands up in defense and she relaxed a little bit.

"You scared the hell outta me."She said with a smile, removing her earbuds.

"I'm sorry. I just thought that you might need some help."

"I-I'm good thanks."She started wrapping up her earphones.

"Uh, so where you headed?"I asked.

"No offence, but no way I'm telling you."She said with a wide, cautious smile.

"Why not?"I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"You could be some kind of freak."She said in a matter of fact voice."I mean you are hitch hiking."

I chuckled."So are you."She laughed and just then a loud honking sounded behind us. We both turned to see a white van pulling up.

"Need a ride."A man said, leaning to talk out the window. We both said yes and he glanced at me before looking back at the girl."Just her."I stood shocked while the girl went and gathered her bags."I ain't taking you."I tilted my head in confusion as she clambered into the van.

"You trust shady van guy and not me?"I asked her as she stared at me through the window.

"Defiantly."She smiled and the van pulled away, driving off.I shook my head a huffed out a breath of disbelief. Guess it was back to walking. I was missing Kat now, I'm not really used to being on my own. But I chose the right thing. I had to find Dad. I had to get revenge.

~~~~~~

Katherine P.O.V

We were in Jorgeson General Store. Dean and I were still questioning people on the whereabouts of the missing couple."You sure they didn't stop for gas or something?"Dean asked as he held out the papers to the old man-Harley. He took them and showed them to his wife-Stacy, who shook her head.

"Nope, don't remember 'em. You said they were friends of yours?"Harley replied.

"That's right."Dean said with a small smile. Just then, a young girl came down the stairs carrying some boxes.

"Did the guy have a tattoo?"She asked and handed the boxes to her aunt, coming over to look at the picture.

"Yes, he did."I said and noticed that the old man and woman seemed to tense slightly.

"You remember? They were just married."She said to he aunt and uncle. Harley suddenly had a look of realization over his face.

"You're right. They did stop for gas. Weren't here more than ten minutes."

Dean looked to me with slight suspicion in his eyes."You remember anything else?"

"I told 'em how to get back to the interstate. They left town."

"Could you point us in the same direction?"I asked with a polite smile.

"Sure."Harley smiled back.

~~~~~~~