Route 666-Cassie

Katherine P.O.V

Sam was lent against the Impala looking at a map laid out on the roof, Dean was stood off to the side with his phone to his ear while I sat in the backseat with the door wide open."Okay. I think I found a way we can bypass that construction just east of here. We might even make Pennsylvania faster than we thought."Sam said with a smile in my direction.

"We better, I've been in the backseat long enough."I whined and Sam laughed. I looked to Dean and saw him snap his phone shut, a thoughtful expression upon his face.

"Yeah. Problem is, we're not going to Pennsylvania."Dean said, making his way over to the drivers door. I pushed my sunglasses to the top of my head and raised an eyebrow at him.

"We what?"Sam asked.

"I just got a call from an, uh, old friend. Her father was killed last night, think it might be our kind of thing."His eyes flicked to me as he said 'friend'.

"What?"I asked, confused.

"Yeah. Believe me, she never would have called, never, if she didn't need us."Dean replied, emphasizing his words. He got into the Impala and looked out the window to where Sam stood."Come one, are you coming or not?"

~~~~~~~

The Impala was cruising down a long road and finally, the curiosity was too much."By old friend you mean?....."I trailed off, leaning into the front seat.

"A friend that's not new."Dean replied bluntly, clearly not wanting to talk about it.

"Oh yeah, thanks. So, her name's Cassie huh? You never mentioned her..."Sam spoke up.

"Wait, Cassie? Why do I know that name?"I called out and Dean glanced back at me.

"I told you about her before, that's why."Memories came rushing back and I smiled as I remembered when Dean would tell me about all the hunts he went on without me. He knew it made me happy, like I was actually there and hunting with them like I wanted to be.

"Yeah, John and you were working a job in Ohio."I recalled. Sam looked to Dean expectantly and he shifted.

"Yeah, we went out."Dean muttered and my eyes widened.

"You mean you dated somebody? For more than one night."Sam joked in disbelief.

"Why did I never know this?"I exclaimed. I couldn't help the little pang of hurt. I thought Dean would tell me everything but lately, I've been finding out a lot. I guess everyone has their secrets, I mean, damn I knew I had mine, but I just never thought he had so many. Especially ones that weren't important. Things like who your dating is like number one best friend privilege.

"Am I speaking a language you're not getting here? Dad and I were working a job in Ohio, she was finishing up college. We went out for a coupla weeks. And you didn't know cause I didn't tell ya."Dean shot back.

"And...?"Sam pressed. Dean shrugged slightly while I sat back, crossing my arms in a huff."Look, it's terrible about her Dad, but it kinda sounds like a standard car accident. I'm not seeing how it fits with what we do. Which by the way, how does she know what we do?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked to Dean expectantly. He shifted and I understood."You told her!?"I exclaimed with wide eyes.

When he didn't reply, Sam's eyes widened as well."You told her. You told her the secret! Our big family rule number one. We do what we do and we do and we shut up about it. For a year and a half I do nothing but lie to Jessica, Kat lied to all her friends throughout school, and you go out with this chick in Ohio a coupla times and you tell her everything?"Dean stayed silent, staring straight ahead."Dean!"