Provenance-That's my boy

Katherine's P.O.V

The night still hugged the sky like a thick blanket as the Impala pulled up outside Evelyn's house once again."Keep the motor running."Sam said as he opened the passenger door.

"I thought the painting was harmless now?"Sarah asked from her place beside me  in the back.

Sam looked towards Dean for a second before glancing back to her."Better safe than sorry. We're gonna bury the sucker. "

"Alright, let's go Moose."I sighed, getting out the car and walking to the front of the car. The headlights started to flash brighter and I lifted a hand to my eyes to shield them from the harsh light. I could make out Dean's grinning figure in the driver's seat and Sam lent back into the car, punching Dean in the arm and making him stop. I chuckled and stuck my tongue out at Dean but he pressed on the gas making me jump back with a glare. Sarah and Sam looked to each other with a small smirk and a roll of their eyes.

"I'm going as well."Sarah informed, getting out the car and standing beside me. I raised an eyebrow at her and looked back to Sam, smirking. I liked her. The girl had balls.

"You sure?"Sam asked.

"Yeah."Sarah nodded and started walking towards the house.

"Hey! hey hey."Dean whisper-yelled, calling us back. Sam and I crowded around the passenger window."Why don't you stay here with me, Kat? Sam can go make his move."Sam scoffed and grabbed my arm, dragging me away before I had the chance to respond."Sam. I'm serious!"

Sam and I walked up the porch steps to meet Sarah, ducking under the police tape. Suddenly, a love ballad started playing from Dean's car making us all spin around. Sam grimaces and holds out his arms in a 'what the hell' way, his face embarrassed. Dean caught his glance and mouthed 'what'. I chuckled slightly and lifted a hand, swiping it across my throat to gesture 'cut the music'. Sighing, Dean turned it off. Sam gave me an appreciative look before turning and pick locking the door, holding it open while ushering Sarah and I inside.

We moved through the house, moving towards the living room where we originally found Evelyn and the painting. We stopped in front of the fireplace, looking up in surprise and horror.

"Ahhh, guys? You're the expert on all this ghost stuff. Is that painting supposed to look like that?"Sarah questioned, looking at the painting that still held the family. One thing was missing though."Where's the little girl?"

"And the razor."I breathed out, eyes flickering to the corner of the painting where the blade once was. Noises suddenly echoed through the house, an eerie child's laughter making the hairs on the back of my neck stick up. It moved around the house making it hard to pin point the source. I took a step forwards, going to rush outside to get Dean and some weapons but the ghost seemed to have other plans. The front door slammed shut just as I reached the hallway, blocking my exit.

Banging on the other side of the door made me continue towards it."Dean! Hey! Is that you?"I yelled, yanking on the door handle to try and pull it open. I could see the reflection from his figure moving about outside from the small paneled windows to each side.

"Kat, you alright?"Dean shouted. Sam and Sarah came running towards me, Sam instantly joining in trying to open the door. After a small struggle, Sam pulled away, retrieving his phone from his pocket. I heard a small ring from the other side of the door before Dean's voice reached my ear, both from outside and the echo from the phone."Tell me you slammed the front door."

"Nope, it wasn't me. I think it was the little girl."Sam rushed out, turning to search the area frantically. I stopped pulling on the door and moved over to Sarah who had a fearful expression.