Pilot-Jericho

Katherine P.O.V

Ugh car rides. I had forgotten how boring it was in the back seat. Especially since Dean and Sam refused to speak to each other, which I could understand. This whole thing was pretty awkward for them. But neither of them would speak to me either and that sucked. I spent the first half of the journey watching the scenery go by.

After a couple of hours, Dean pulled over at a gas station."Alright, just need to fill Baby up real quick and we'll be on our way." He was the first to talk in hours.

"Okay, I'm going to get a snack then. Sam, you want anything?"I said and he only shook his head as a response. I got out the car, grateful that I was finally able to stretch and froze when I saw where we were. The place was run down, old, dirty, and looked abandoned.This was the kind of place you could kidnap someone and no one would ever know."On second thought..."I muttered to myself but Dean seemed to have heard me because he gave a small laugh.

"What? You scared Kitty? We stop at places like this all the time." I stared blankly at him before lifting my chin and crossing my arms.

"Pffft no. I'm not scared. I'm just going to wait till we get to Jericho."Dean rolled his eyes, but grinned.

"Whatever princess.Listen, give me a few seconds to fill up Baby then I'll head in there with you." I snorted but stayed where I was, grateful that he offered. There was no point in lying. Dean knew I was scared. "Alright, let's head inside."He said after filling the car.

We walked towards the entrance, me trailing behind slightly. I mean if a psycho was gonna jump out, I didn't want to be in the line of fire. Monster's I could face but humans were just plain crazy. Dean seemed to notice my hesitation and pulled open the door with a huge grin.

"If your not scared, then I dare you to go in first!" My eyes snapped to his and I glared. His smirk never faltered but he rolled his eyes and stepped in first. The place wasn't as bad as I thought but it defiantly wan't luxurious. The wallpaper was hanging from the wall's and dust gathered in every corner. The old man at the desk looked up as we entered and his gaze lingered on me longer, a smirk replacing the sneer he had in place. He lifted up a hand and ran it through what was left of his greasy hair. I tried not to visibly cringe."Why don't you go back to the car. I got this." I looked up at Dean and saw him glaring at the guy.

"Okay, can I have pie, chips, and any fizzy drink?"

"Sure thing princess."He finally glanced at me and his eyes softened. I muttered a thank you and kissed his cheek before leaving.

I got back to the car, flinging the door open and collapsing into the back. Sam laughed a little from the front seat, where he was currently searching through Dean's box of cassette tapes. He turned to look at me and paused, eyes locked on my left wrist.

"You still have that?"I let my eyes fall to where he was looking and saw the bracelet he got me for my 13th birthday.

"Course I do moose. I've never taken it off. Friends forever remember?" He smiled at me brightly and nodded." I still got this too." I lifted the pentagram necklace, given to me by Dean on the same day, from inside my top." That was the day we became friends."

"Yeah, I remember. I also remember when he brought it. Didn't know it was for you though."I smiled at him, eyes clouding with one of my most cherished memories.

"So what you doing?"I asked changing the subject.

Sam paused, before lifting up the box of tapes."Dean's tape collection. He desperately needs an upgrade." He pulled out a couple of tapes from the box."I mean, look at this.... Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Metallica?"