Route 666-Apology

Katherine P.O.V

I had stayed behind at the motel while Sam went to check out the latest victim. I wasn't ready to see Dean yet. Sadly, that meant I was stuck at the motel on my own with nothing to do. I was settled on the bed watching crappy daytime TV. We had gone to the hospital this morning and got a cast for my broken hand. It was a bitch as it kept itching. I currently had a fork stuck down it to try and ease the itch but nothing seemed to be working. My mind kept wandering to the events that occurred last night. I was gonna tell him. I was finally ready but he loves Cassie. I couldn't even tell myself that it was just because I was too late because she has held his heart since we were teenagers. I couldn't get the image of them looking at each other and kissing out of my head. What did she have that I didn't? I sighed, frustrated when the itch didn't leave.

The front door opened and closed to my left and I groaned, not looking up."Sam, I have a huge itch and-"I looked up and froze, my hand stilling. It wasn't Sam stood there but Dean. He was looking at me warily, concern and regret clear on his face, his hands behind his back."Oh."I muttered and concealed any emotion from my face. To act like I didn't care was easier than showing him how much it hurt.

"How you feeling?"He asked softly and I scoffed, pulling out the fork and grabbing my bag from the floor. He pulled his hands back from behind him to reveal a small teddy bear. It had a big red bow tied around his neck facing back behind it's head. It looked soft and cuddly. I fought back the smile that was trying to get to my face. This didn't mean I forgave him. He hurt me. Dean pulled the teddy bear up to his face."Dean says he knows he's an idiot and I, Dean Jr., think you should forgive him."Dean said in a stupid voice, imitating the bear. I stood and turned my back so he couldn't see my small smile and the tears building in my eyes. I wish that it was enough to stop the pain but it wasn't. My pain went deeper than what he did.I pulled out a flannel and put it on. I still hadn't replied and I heard him sigh."Kat, can we just talk, please?"

"About what, Dean? You don't have to explain yourself to me."I answered coldly. I didn't want to hear how he was sorry I witnessed what I did but that he loved her. I don't think I will ever be ready for that.

"Then why are you so angry?"He snapped and I clenched my jaw before turning back to face him. He looked angry and he threw the teddy bear onto the bed. My eyes followed it and I frowned. I know it sound stupid and childish but I wanted to just curl up and cry with that teddy bear in my arms.

"I'm not angry, Dean."I muttered, eyes still cast downward.

"Really? That's not what it seems like. You drove off last night, then Sam yells at me to stay away and even on the case you don't show up. If you would have stuck around last night, I could have explained!"He yelled, throwing his arms out. My eyes widened. Did he see me?

"I don't know Dean. I was drunk and pissed that you were such an ass-hat. But I don't know what you mean. I came straight home."I lied.

" Don't bullshit me, Kat. You saw me and Cassie. I know you did."He hissed. My eyes snapped to his and I saw regret in his eyes. There was no point in lying. He saw me.

"I didn't want to interrupt so, I left."I said through clenched teeth. His eyes hardened.

"Why are you being like this?"He pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Like what?"I asked confused.

"Like a bitch!"He yelled and glared at him.

"Because, Dean, I was out god knows where, hurt and alone and you went off to fuck some chick!"I screamed. Hurt spread through my chest all over again. Did he not care at all? Did I mean so little to him?

He sighed, visibly relaxing a bit and ran a hand through his hair, closing his eyes tightly."Nothing happened, Kat."

I raised my eyebrow and chuckled sarcastically."That isn't what it looked like, Dean. So, having each other's tongues down your throats is considered conversation now? I really need to update my definitions."