Scarecrow-Choosing

Katherine P.O.V

I was standing in the middle of the two beds while on the phone."Where the hell are you? Are you hurt?"I asked him while nudging Sam to get up. Sam groaned a little but opened his eyes. Poor kid tries to get to sleep and when he finally does, this happens.

"I'm fine and I can't tell you where I am. They'll try to find me."John spoke and I raised my eyebrows.

"Really? Because they haven't been trying to do that for the past six months."I told him sarcastically.

"Kat, is that my Dad?"I heard Sam ask, but I wasn't paying attention to him.

"Careful with that tone, princess."He warned and I sighed.

"Please John. I know you're trying to find the thing that killed Mary."I turned my attention to both boys who were now fully awake and sat up in bed, watching me. "Let us help you." The other line was silent and I got slightly frustrated."Fine. Talk to one of your sons then. You know, the ones you abandoned?" I snapped and Dean's eyes widened at the tone I used and words I said. I held out the phone and Sam snatched it from me before Dean could even lift a finger.

"Dad? Where are you?"Sam asked, I couldn't hear the reply but Sam's face showed slight anger."What? Why not?......A demon? You know for sure?"

"A demon?"Dean questioned."What's he saying?"

"You know where it is?Sam said."Let us help.....Why not?.....Names? What names, Dad. Talk to me, tell me what's going on."

"Give me the phone."Dean ordered, holding out his hand.

"No. Alright? No way."Sam said through clenched teeth, ignoring Dean completely. The voice on the other end rose slightly.

"Give me the phone!" Dean ordered again but was still ignored. Giving up on asking, Dean snatched the phone from his brothers hand."Dad, it's me. Where are you?.....Yes, sir....Uh, yeah, I got a pen. What are their names?" I sighed deeply and sat on the edge of the bed. I hated this. Whenever Dean spoke to his farther, he fell into line.

~~~~~~~~~

We were packed and in the car, driving to where John had told us to go. Sam driving, Dean searching through the names and map and me sat in the back, trying not to doze off."Alright, so, the names Dad gave us, they're all couples?"Sam asked.

"Three different couples."Dean replied."All went missing."

"And they're all from different towns? Different states?"

"That's right. You got Washington, New York, Colorado. Each took road trips cross country. None of them arrived at their destination, and none of them were ever heard from again."

"Well, it's a big country, Dean. They could have disappeared anywhere."Sam said skeptically.

"Yeah, could've. But each one's route took 'em to the same part of Indiana. Always on the second week of April. One year after another after another."

"This is the second week of April."I spoke up from the back.

"Yep."Dean shot back.

"So, Dad is sending us to Indiana..to go hunting for something before another couple vanishes?"Sam asked.

"Yahtzee."Dean said with a point in his direction. He looked down at his lap, eyes searching the page in front of him."Can you imagine putting together a pattern like this? All different obits Dad had to go through? The man's a master."He said in awe.Sam sighed deeply and pulled over to the road, shutting the car off.