Hunted - Gordon's Back

A/N: Hello all you cool cats and kittens, hope you are all safe and enjoying your time! Fingers crossed this chapter is to your liking as I am for sure rusty :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katharine's P.O.V

I waited a good 15 minutes at least once the shooting had stopped, staying tucked against the window and tense, expecting someone or something to walk through the room for a second attack. But when that never happened, I breathed in relief and got to my feet cautiously.

"I think whoever that was is gone guys..."I breathed out, pausing to glance round the corner for a view on the outside, scanning the area to see anything.

"What the hell just happened?" Ava cried, her knees shaking as she stood up, using the wall to help her.

Sam looked at me, both of us not knowing how to answer that; didn't want to freak the poor girl out and tell her that we weren't the most favorable people on earth. After a short pause and no answer, Sam jumped up, joining me by the window. We both glanced towards the rooftop opposite the room; it was the most likely of places for a shooter to use. "We gotta check that rooftop out" He sighed, already making his way out of the shattered patio doors.

"Are you crazy?" Ava yelled, waving her arms about as I followed him. "You don't go towards the gun guys, you run." After a second, I guess she decided she felt better with us as she jogged to catch up, sticking closely to my side. Once up the stairs and on top, we could see whoever it was here had left, leaving no trace of their presence other than a small mess near the ledge. Ava glanced around, waiting for one of us to do something it seemed, and when we didn't do what she was waiting for she called out. "Wait, I don't understand. Shouldn't we be talking to the cops?"

"Trust me, that wouldn't do us much good."Sam replied, chucking a bit as he knelt down near the ledge of the building. He picked up a shell, holding it up for me to see as I joined him.

"These are .223 caliber. Subsonic rounds. The guy must have put a suppressor on the rifle." I muttered, picking it out of his hand to hold it within mine.

"Dude, who are you?" Ava looked at me with a mixture of surprise and unease.

"Oh. I just, uh, we just watch a lot of TJ Hooker." I answered, standing up with a big grin hoping that made this seem less weird. She shook her head, looking me up and down for a second before her eyes snapped to Sam, her eyebrows falling in confusion.

"Who are you calling?" She asked. I spun around, watching Sam dial a number into his phone.

"My brother. I think we definitely need help." Sam sighed. My fake grin turned to a real one as I heard that, my heart doing a little flutter. Of course the circumstances of it weren't great; asking for help after we ran away and now were in trouble, but it was better than nothing. I missed him. I ran forwards to join Sam, standing on my tip toes to press my ear close to his so I could hear.

"Hello?" His sweet voice rang though the other end, and I felt myself melt.

"Dean!" Sam said, confirming to him who it was.

"Sam, I've been looking for you guys." Dean answered, his tone calm. I frowned....it almost seemed too calm.

"Yeah. Look, We're in Indiana, uh Lafayette." I called out, wanting him to get here quickly.

"I know." Dean responded quickly. My frown deepened and I saw Sam's face scrunch up.

"You do?" Sam queried in shock.

"Yeah, I talked to Ellen. Just got here myself. It's a real funky town. You ditched me, guys." Dean breathed and I tensed up, one part of his sentence sticking out to me.