5|| High expectations..?

Start from the beginning

"What about my music?" I said, my eyes narrowing slightly as she looked at her nails as if her comment, was reasonable.

"It's not happening, don't you get it? The chances are one in a million so just give up. I am not having you waste your life on a silly dream. It's what children do and it will never ever happen. I am not having you waste your life do you not understand?

"You have to focus on your grades and a job you have a chance of achieving and not being an international popstar of whatever," she carried on ranting, each word stinging making me flinch inside tears pricking my eyes threatening to present themselves.

However I wouldn't let them, I would never allow tears to make me look weak.

"I'm just trying to protect you and your life so, you do not make a fool of yourself. I need you too understand Molly. You don't have a chance." She ended, venom clear in her words. How could she say that to her own daughter?

"How do you know, you can't just take one of the things only
that makes me away from me!" I retorted shouting at her.

I used to love spending time with my family. She ruined that.

"Oh yes I can young lady! In fact I've got families coming over tomorrow morning for your, expensive prized possessions." She said, flicking back her hair once again, as if this meant nothing to her.

It took a minute to sink in. What was she talking about. Then I realised. My piano, drums, bass and my many guitars I had collected over the years each all holding special memories.

Me hanging with Drew. The many times I had been playing them while laughing, watching Nate be weird through my window. My first ever guitar. My guitars from back home.

I should explain.

My mother and Father are divorced, my dad still in England. Every year for Christmas and my birthday he would get me a new instrument.

Ed Sheerans latest guitar. The new Fenders. Anything.

He-

"Hello? Are you even listening to me Molly?" My mother said sharply, waving in front of my face cutting me off from my thoughts.

"Yeah, I am. Thanks, for helping me." I said sarcastically, before running up the stairs to my room, slamming my door shut before locking it. She couldn't do this.

I hated her. Drew always told me I didn't hate her she just had a weird way of showing love. But there was no way that I could ever love that woman. She was evil.

I got under my covers, sitting there. Tears covering my cheeks making a small puddle on the mattress cover. But I couldn't care, I had always said I would rather be blind than deaf because although, I wouldn't be able to see the beauty of the world.

I could still hear emotions and music. It meant everything to me it really did. She just didn't understand me at all.

Sure, i could hear music still and make it at Drew's. But at home in the comfort of my own home I wasn't allowed to follow my dreams.

At the end of the day maybe she was right, maybe I was dreaming got big.

Was I really expecting too much?

My own mother wouldn't support me on this dream cause she doesn't believe, that I am good enough?

Maybe she is right and just trying to protect me?

As I sat there staring into space questioning everything one hang she said stuck out and I couldn't stop it in my mind.

You don't have a chance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An I know this was quite a sad chapter and I am really sorry but I hope you enjoyed anyway. They will get somewhat happier, it's just plot building etc. For those wondering, I write these as I go along. I know where I want to get by the start and end of a chapter but never really, know how I will get there. Anyways, the tide isn't going to be in any of the near episodes just Nate and Drew. Although Levi and his covers will be soon ;))

-Me x