Chapter 42:

"Long day aye kiddo?"

"Yeah box, somethings up I just don't know what" I sighed leaning back in my chair. It was hard to concentrate.

Ring ring ring ring

"Hello, Violet from the Bondi Lifeguard Service speaking, how can I help you?"

"Hi I was just ringing to say that I'm currently around near the rocks and I thought I saw a grey object in the water, I thought I would let you guys know"

"Thankyou, I'll send someone out on the JetSki bye"

I hung up and faced box

"Can I drive the ski?"

"Nope but if you want Azza can drive and you hop on the back"

"Sure thing" I radioed through to Azza Telling him to come up and help with the ski.

"Ready?" Azza shouted

"Yep!" He started up the engine and off we went cruising to the rocks out the back. After seconds we reached the back and tried looking for the shark.

"I can't see anything! Can you?"

"Nah..  OH WAIT OUT THERE" Azza pointed to a grey object about 35 metres out

I looked closely and saw it was coming closer

30metres
20metres
10metres
And that's when I saw the fin

It was a dolphin. I sighed in relief and after a while Azza drove us back to shore cutting the engine off before roaring up the sand.

"Good one!" We high fived and after putting the ski away I headed up to the tower

*•*•*•*•*

Ring ring ring ring

"Ugh Violet, your phone"

I opened my eyes and saw my phone rappidly buzzing with the number 'Mum'

"Hello?" I groggily spoke

I began walking out of the room trying not to wake Jesse anymore then I already did. I walked out down to the lounge room and sat on the couch.

"Oh hunny I'm sorry! I forgot about timezones"

"It's fine, why'd you call?"

"It's uhm, it's your father Vy. He's had a heart attack. A serious one, caused by his cancer." She stopped and took a breath before continuing. "Doctors said he didn't make it Violet. I need you to come to England as soon as you can. I'm really sorry"

I dropped the phone. Tears threatened to spill, I know I havnt known him that long but I felt like I had known him my whole life. I loved him.

"Baby what's wrong?" Jesse ran up to me and pulled me in for a hug.

"It's..its dad" I didn't have to say anymore, he stopped me there and I cried into his chest.

"We will get you on that flight as soon as possible"

The charm.. What did he mean about the charm. Was this it?

Sorry it's so short it was just a filler hahah!