Chapter 23 | Allen?

[Reader's P.O.V]

It's the day after my date with Matt and I still can't stop smiling every once in a while. I keep on recalling things that happened last night and I end up being a flustered mess.

I was still daydreaming when Oliver entered my room. He was wearing an apron and his sleeves were pulled up. "Good morning, poppet!" he greeted.

"What's up, Ollie?"

"We're cleaning the house today."

Oh, yeah. The house needs to be cleaned at least once in a while. It's really embarrassing that my guests are the ones cleaning the house, though.

"I'll help you guys." I said while getting off of my bed. "You can leave the chores to us, poppet. Don't worry about it." Oliver smiled. "But I've got to help somehow," I said. "Very well, if you want to." Oliver sighed.

"At least let me say what I came here for," Ollie said. He grabbed my hand, which surprised me. "I'm really sorry about missing the date yesterday," he apologized. His eyes even looked were like they were a puppy's. I couldn't help but blush at how cute he is. "I-it's alright," I stuttered. He let go of my hand and gave me a small smile.

"Why are you guys taking so long, eh?" Matt said while opening the door harshly. He was wearing an apron and carrying a broom. "Matt, you came just in time!" Oliver exclaimed. "[name] wants to help with the chores, but I don't want to tire her. Can you join her to buy some things?" Oliver asked. I blushed while death metal screaming played in my head. Matt and I, alone, again. YES. No. I don't know! Matt blushed then nodded. "I'll come too!" Allen said, popping out of nowhere. I gave Allen my you-ruined-it look.

"Where's the shopping list?" Matt asked. Oliver handed him a piece of paper. I took my body bag and got ready to leave. "Okay, take care." Oliver said before we left the house.

Walking to the store wasn't as awkward as I imagined it to be. Mostly, we talked about my house and a bunch of old stories about it.

"What're we supposed to buy, anyways?" I asked when we got to the store. Matt handed me the list. "It's just a bunch of cleaning items... And ice cream." I said. "Then let's get it done with." Allen said while walking ahead of us.

---

We were almost done shopping when Allen excused himself. It was weird, but Allen does a lot of random things anyways, so we told him to meet us at the entrance. He whispered something to Matt before he left.

"Hey, Matt, can you go get the ice cream?" I asked. "Sure," he said. "I'll go get the bleach in the meantime." I said before we parted ways.

I walked over to where the bleach was and quickly grabbed it. I wonder if Matt got the ice cream already. I pushed the shopping cart over to where the ice cream was. It was weird when I noticed Matt wasn't there. I was looking around for him when someone placed a tub of ice cream on my head.

"What the heck?" I muttered in confusion.

"Surprise," Matt said. I turned to him while taking the ice cream tub off my head. I looked at him, then chuckled. "You've got to work on your surprises, Matt." I said. "Nice ice cream choice though," I said when I realized the ice cream was my favourite flavour. Matt smiled (which was totally unexpected) and said "They should make pancake flavoured ice cream." "Totally," I agreed. It's really nice of Matt to get me my favourite ice cream.

We payed for the items and we walked to the entrance. "We have to wait for Allen, right?" I said before we could leave. "Allen could just go home. Now, let's go." Matt said without facing me. "Is Allen up to something?" I asked. "He's dealing with some people who have been pestering us for the last few weeks." Matt answered. He must've known I wasn't going to give up until he told me the truth.

"It's none of your business. Just stay in front of me at all times, okay?" Matt continued. "Is Allen going to be alright, though?" I asked. "He'll be fine," Matt said. The situation was getting a tad too serious for me, so I smiled and said "Sure Allen could take them on, he's seriously strong!"

We started walking home together while making jokes about Allen's strength. There was only one thing off, though;I feel like we're being watched.

---

Noire: HAVE A CHAPTER