Chapter 2 | This is My Pet Kuma

Jas-chan: Sorry for the long wait. As for your patience, you are rewarded with a cookie and a long chapter! Thank you for sticking with us!

__________________________________________________________________

[Reader's P.O.V.]

I woke up, startled because of my alarm clock which is ringing loudly. I groggily sat up on my bed, grabbed the alarm clock and turned it off. I looked at the time and grunted. It was only 5:30am! Ugh. I threw the alarm clock on my bed in frustration.

I jumped off my bed and rummbed my eyes. Oh well, I guess I'm not sleeping anymore. I might as well start preparing breakfast to fill up my tummy.

I walked downstairs and into the kitchen, still feeling half asleep. I stopped on my tracks when I realized that an unfamilliar person was cooking pancakes in my kitchen.

"Woah?!" I jumped in surprise. I looked at him for what it seemed like five minutes and realized it was only Matt. Oh, right. I forgot that he was living with me from now on.

Matt turned around and raised an eyebrow at me. "Geez, calm the f*** down. You look like you have seen a ghost or something." He said, looking back at what he was cooking.

I stood up awkwardly and cleared my throat. "A-Anyways, you're cooking breakfast already, that I can see. Can I help?" I asked him, willing to change the topic since I wasn't really comfortable of the silence.

He glared at me with his lazy violet eyes like when we first met each other and then nodded. After that, he went up to the fridge to get something. He came back with a......fish?

I tilted my head in confusion. I didn't really know what use the fish was for. I mean, he was cooking pancakes and not some grilled fish or something.

I was about to ask him when he started making his ways out of the kitchen. "Wait here , okay chickadee?" He said before he left. Wait...chickadee? Isn't that an animal? Am I an animal in his eyes? Maybe he just likes animals. Maybe.

I didn't understand why he wanted me to wait for him in the kitchen. I can always come with him. But I decided to follow his instructions before stuff happens. I really don't want to start a fight with the guy I'm spending my entire summer with.

When Matt was gone for around five minutes, I was dying from boredom. I went to the cooking station to check out the food he was cooking. There was a plate of juicy pancakes on the counter top. Just from the sight of it, my mouth begans to drool. The pancakes smelled delicious and I felt my stomach rumble. Then, my nose picked up the weird smell of fish which leads me to wonder what was the fish for.

My train of thought was suddenly interrupted when I heard footsteps way too heavy to be a human's and some growling. I slowly turned around, fearing what it may be, and saw...a polar bear?!?! What was it doing in my house?!?!

It was a huge beast covered in long fluffy white fur. It had sharp teeth that gave me shivers and sharp claws. Its furious eyes were staring at me like it was staring right through my soul while it scowled and growled at me.

It jumped and aimed its claws towards me. Luckily, the moment before it jumped, I already started to dash out of the way. I was able to dodge its attack but felt a sharp pain on my left arm. Its claws must've scrapped my arm a bit.

The moment I realized I was behind the bear, I jumped onto its back and gripped on its long white fur. It was the first idea that came to mind and was a split second decision. This way, the bear won't be able to attack me.

The bear realized it and started moving frantically like a rodeo bull. It jumped and kicked, trying to shake me off while I held for my dear life. I made sure not to lose my grip.

"Kuma!" I heard Matt's voice. The bear suddenly stopped at the sight of Matt.

What the heck?!

My grip loosened and I was caught off guard. The bear jumped again and I lost my grip. I fell hard on my butt. I flinched at the pain I felt. I froze, dumbfounded from what I was seeing. The bear calmed down and Matt was already scolding it.

"Kuma, you stupid bear! I told you not to come into the house yet!" Matt yelled. "You own him?!" I asked in disbelief. "That's my pet, Kuma." He told me.

This Matt guy is crazy! He has a polar bear for a pet! I gave him a you-got-to-be-kidding-me look. He looked at me and sighed. He walked to me, helped me up and started dragging me towards Kuma. I tried to resist but he was too strong. The bear growled at me and stepped back cautiously.

Matt put my hand on Kuma's nose and let him smell it. "Pet him." He told me. I gave him a you-have-got-to-be-kidding-me look. Is he serious?!? This bear would bite my hand off if I even try to get near it.

After a few seconds of not doing anything, he grabbed my hand and started dragging me again to Kuma. "Kuma, this is [name], the one we're going to be living with that the one I told you NOT to attack." Matt said while he inched my hand closer to the bear.

I turned away, waiting for the bear to eat my hand. I was surprised when I felt soft fur on my palm. I turned to Kuma, who just let me pet him. I smiled widely and started petting him more, happy that he's not trying to kill me anymore.

"Hi Kuma!" I greeted. I looked at Matt, who still had his poker face on but I'm pretty sure he's happy that Kuma and I are friends. "You're bleeding." He told me. I looked at my left arm.

He went to the bathroom to get some bandages and stuff. I looked at Kuma who is giving me an apologetic look. "It's alright Kuma. It's not really serious." I said to the ball of fur in front of me.

Matt came back and helped me with the scar and patched me up. "Thanks." I went upstairs and change from my blood stained shirt. After that, I went downstairs, wanting to spend time with Kuma. When I got downstairs, I noticed they were in the dining room. I entered where Matt was putting a large stack of pancakes on the table. My stomach rumbled. Matt turned to me.

"You're hungry?" He teasingly asked me. "Aww, little baby already hungwy~" He tried his best impression of a babysitter. That made me laugh. I nodded. We sat together. I noticed the fish was there. Matt grabbed it and threw it to Kuma. Ohhh, so that's what the fish was for.

I watched as Matt took a bottle of maple syrup and started dousing his pancakes in it. "Want some?" He asked while handing me the already 3/4 empty bottle lf syrup.

"Thanks." I said. I put some and started eating. "So delicious!" I complimented when I took the first bite.

Well this has been one interesting morning.

__________________________________________________________________

Summary:
Reader: *wakes up*
Matt: *cooks then leaves*
Kuma: *attacks and growls*
Reader: *rodeo rides Kuma*
Matt: *makes Kuma and Reader friends*
All: *Eats pancakes and fish*

Word Count: 1283