He may be a mystery and I may be Nancy Drew. He still looked frightening.

The music started playing once more then with everyone returning to what they were already doing.

"Yes, Victor, This is Elizabeth Duke” He introduced proudly.

Victor then raised his hand towards me with an evil glint in his eye.

I held his hand and shook it slowly.

"It's a pleasure” He smiled his blinding smile.

I smiled in response, letting go of his hand.

"Aren't you going to wish us a happy marriage?" Alonzo questioned, raising his eyebrow. Half a smile on his face.

Judging by his face, he seemed to be joking. Judging by his eyes, he seemed hostile.

"No need” Victor whispered quietly."Well, I don’t want to be the one to stop the first dance of the night for the 'happy couple’. Your love must be strong?" He said it like a question, towards my direction.

"Yes, of course, I love him."I said nervously."A lot" I tacked on.

I felt the impulse to lie then, because of the way he was staring at me.

Like he knew.

"Great. You look very nice by the way" He smirked.

Ermm why did that not seem like a genuine compliment.

I don't trust him. At all right now.

"You must assemble your family in the dining room after this ...celebration" He instructed speaking to Alonzo only.

He shifted to face me again.

"And the girl, bring her too” He finished before turning around and leaving.

I trembled slightly.

What was that about?

I saw that Alonzo looked as suspicious as I did.

It looked like he had a dirty little secret. Which he probably did.

"Son! Dance! The floors all yours " The king said pulling us both back into reality. I noticed that he wheezed slightly, he really was dying.

"Oh, Of course father" Alonzo smiled.

He pulled me gently by my palm into the center of the floor before turning a placing a hand on my waist.

I wrapped my hands around his neck as we swayed silently for the first few minutes.

I had an uneasy stomach that something bad was going to happen.

He has no way of knowing it was all by force.

Well, now I choose to, so I’m not being forced into anything.

Even so, Why would it matter?

The deal that needed to be met was that a Prince married.

My Choice has nothing to do with it.

"Why did you say that?" Asked Alonzo cutting into my thoughts.

"Sorry?" I asked baffled.

"You said you loved me, when he asked. Why? You could of easily denied it.

I guess that’s true. But I felt that Victor needed to be kept in the dark for some reason.

I wanted to protect Alonzo . I don't know why. But I did.

But he didn't need to know that.

"I didn't mean it obviously “ I muttered putting as much nonchalance into my voice as possible.