6/Pushing buttons

"I know you don't like me the same way as your brother." Lyra hissed in Laurent's ear. "Why are you messing with him? To piss him off? He told you how he feels and being big brother are what?" He laughed loudly and nodded then smiled from ear to ear.
"What she say?" Larry asked almost immediately.
Lyra listened as he whispered to her.
"Is ok I know you like me more than him. I know you want me, it will be our secret." Lyra leaned away. 'Is he serious or playing with me?' Laurent laughed again pulling her back to listen. "He really like you and when I hear him leave early this morning I thought he might come to finally tell you. I came to see if you turn him away." Laurent smiled.
Lyra thought for a minute then whispered in his ear, "When you decided to kiss me, did you know Larry already kissed me?" She looked at him and he nodded. "Did you kiss me because he kissed me?"
Laurent didn't answer but if it was true he would have said so, wouldn't he? Lyra scoffed,"You're still playing with me. You should leave." Lyra scowled at him. Laurent looked confused then realized she was serious when she glared at him.
"You should leave, now!" Lyra repeated firmly, walking to her front door.
Larry followed when Laurent walked after her. She gripped her doorknob and waited for him to catch up. Laurent leaned towards Lyra but she moved away.
"Not now, I need time." She held the door open. Larry followed Laurent out the door.
Lyra had barely closed the door when Larry exploded at his brother.
"What the fuck Lau!"
"Calm down." Laurent said as he unlocked his car door.
"You a bitch! You mess everything up! It all your fault." Larry almost scream.
"You need to calm down." Laurent said as he opened the driver door. "Tais-toi!" Larry tried the passenger door but it was locked. "You get us kicked out, now you no let me in the car? Bitch! Open the damn door! Lau!" Larry angrily yanked the handle repeatedly.
"I said calm you ass down! Lil' boy." Once Larry released the handle Laurent unlocked the door. Laurent took a breath and so did Larry.
"Lyra kicked me out, you left on your own. Look at youself, damn near crying over nothing. Fix you face!" Laurent ordered. Larry gave him a hateful glare but did as he was told. "Now, go back and knock on her door. Call me when she kick you out." Laurent laughed as he started the car.
Larry got out and closed the door then turned back, "Lau!"
Laurent rolled the window down, "What?"
"You still a bitch." Larry walked back towards Lyra's house as Laurent frowned and pulled off.

Lyra knew she shouldn't have kicked him out like that but she was over it. She thought briefly about why Larry left but she wasn't going to chase him. That was what she wanted, right?
She sighed thinking what King's wife, Keisha, would say, 'You need to get out of your head. Give him a chance to show you the real him then decide.' She groaned in frustration pulling her bun loose as her phone rang. She smiled seeing Q's face on her phone.

They talked and she laughed hard as he complained about Dro giving him a hard time

They talked and she laughed hard as he complained about Dro giving him a hard time. With everything Q to handled family business, he didn't have time to keep dealing with King throwing tantrums about not dealing with Chris.
"Hold on, Q." She placed the call on hold. "Hello?"
"Can you let me in?" Larry asked.
'Give him a chance,' she reminded herself. "Be right there." She switched back over. "Q?"
"Yeah," he said.
"I will talk to him but I have to go. Love you beautiful. I will call you in a few days." Lyra opened the vestibule door.
"Love you momma." Queen replied then hung up.
Lyra opened her front door and almost dropped her phone.
'He looks so hot dripping wet.' Lyra thought as her heart flipped.
Larry was standing at her door in a heavy downpour of rain. She pulled him out the rain and told him to take off his shoes as she ran to get several microfiber towels.
"Why didn't you call me as soon as it started raining?"
"I did." Larry answered taking his other phones out his pocket. She handed him a couple of towels then quickly dried his now bare back but his hair continued dripping water wetting it again. She watched multiple drops trail across his flexing shoulder blades and down his back muscles. She licked her lips but stopped her twitching fingers from roaming his exposed skin; instead she grabbed his hand leading him to her guest bedroom. She gave him a basket for his wet clothes then told him he could take a hot shower and to leave his wet clothes in the basket outside the door.
She was riveted when he started undressing. Her eyes roamed his body but she stopped when she saw him smiling seductively at her. 'Thirst trap.' Lyra thought as she left him alone.
She inspected his shoes and phones, his shoes were ruined. His phones seemed fine but she put them in rice anyway. After that she took some pictures of his shoes and sent it to James, Dro's cousin with the message,
~need new size 11 today
KQ~
He responded, 'No problem, one hour.'
Lyra thanked him and took Larry's clothes to the laundry, his ruined shoes to the trash, then turned on some music.
Lyra was just thinking she should have had replacement clothes sent as well when Larry walked out the spare followed by a cloud of steam. His lower half wrapped in a towel with another around his neck. She stared at him with her mouth open as water droplets ran down his body.
Larry grabbed a drink from the kitchen then sat beside her. As he walked passed her, she noticed the front of the towel tent.
'Why is he played with me?'
She averted her eyes until he was seated, only looking at his face and hair, never looking lower than his Adam's apple bobbing up and down as he swallowed. She chewed her lip then jumped up when he turned to look at her.
He laughed at her expression and her reddened face, "What's wrong?"
"I'm going to... uh, your clothes." She quickly ran to her laundry room.
She knew his clothes wouldn't be ready. She just needed to calm herself down.
Larry sitting beside her with tattoos and almost every muscle on display all within her reach. Her body reminding her it had been years since she touched or been touched in that way.
"Done?" He asked walking into the laundry room.
She turned towards him getting an eye full of his tent. She licked her lips then shook her head lifting her eyes to his face. He walked closer to her, she could lick from his abs to his chest she just had to stick out her tongue and... Lyra cleared her throat.
"Hungry?" She asked struggling to swallow the lump in her throat. He shrugged and she walked around him to the kitchen.
As she cooked, he grabbed around her waist and kissed her forehead when she looked up.
"What are you doing?" She asked shakily as her heart jumped to warp speed.
"Kissing my girl," he responded.
"You aren't funny." Lyra didn't sound embarrassed but her red cheeks and ears betrayed her.
"I not joking." He pulled her into him. Lyra leaned her head against his chest and swallowed a moan when she felt him poking her in the back. Her breath caught as he moved her hair exposing her neck and whispered in her ear. "I no like my food burned," he laughed. She turned off the stove and removed the pan from the heat.
"Then fix it yourself." She said as she pushed passed him to answer the door.
Lyra could hear him laughing even with her vestibule doors closed. She was angry for being so easily taken in. She knew he was still playing games with her, why did she think he was serious? 'Because you thought playing with someone's emotions was beneath him, that's why.'
She thanked James then placed Larry his new shoes on the table beside his plate before she sat down to eat.
Larry placed a kiss on the cheek. She drew on her anger to keep her from reacting. Larry turned her face to see her reaction but stared expressionlessly up at him.
"What's wrong?" He asked.
"Nothing." She responded focusing on anything other than his gorgeous body in front of her. "Were you expecting something else?" She raised her eyebrow, looking him in his eyes. Lyra quickly realized that was a mistake, they were deep, beautiful and made her feel warm.
He grabbed her neck pulling her into a kiss. Lyra didn't resist but she didn't return the kiss either. When he stopped, she took the dishes to the kitchen.
"What was that?" Larry asked.
"You playing with me, trying to get me to respond so you can laugh again?" Lyra answered turning to the sink and started dishes.
"Lyra, how do you feel about me?" Larry asked.
"How do you think I feel about you playing games with me? About you still trying to push my buttons?" Lyra responded while focusing on dishes. He leaned around her turning off the water and grabbing her hands.
"Look at me?" He asked. Lyra turned towards him. "How do you feel about me?" He asked again. She looked to his face then down his naked chest.
"I can't have a serious conversation with you like this..." Lyra said as the dryer timer buzzed. 'Thank you God!' She thought. "Excuse me." She said looking at her hands.
He released her and Lyra pushed the dry clothes into Larry's hands. She handed him his phones, turned off the music then replaced the wet towels with clean ones. Larry got dressed and followed her then grabbed her hand when she finished.
"What happened?" He asked. "You more before, now you..."
"I thought you were serious, but it's all a game for you." Lyra replied.

She turned on the music in her room, washed her face and brushed her teeth then stretched across her bed while Jill Scott's Lyzel in E flat played.

"You sing?" Larry said from her doorway. She smiled to herself, of course she does but he'll never hear it.
"I like this song." Larry spoke softly.
"It's a good song." Lyra agreed closing her eyes.
Her bed moved, Lyra peeked at him sitting besides her watching her mouth the words. She closed her eyes as Jill vocalized before the next verse.
Larry placed his hand on her stomach watching Lyra's expression, no change. He slowly slid it towards her hips and she rolled away from him now laying on her stomach.
"You're going to get hurt if you keep playing with me." Lyra warned, her eyes still closed.
"I'm not playing." He replied he moved closer
"I warned you." Lyra turned the music up. She started kissing him without restraint or care, like she needed it to breathe while he removed her clothes then his own. Once she felt his skin against hers, she pushed him on the bed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~