37/The Blame goes to...

*Please wait to play media until indicated*

"Go to your room!" Q ordered. Lyra lowered her head to hide her smile as she left his office.
"Lea?" James called as she walked passed him headed upstairs.
"Q said I'm grounded." Lyra pouted then giggled.

Lyra sat on her bed and looked around for a few minutes. It is exactly as she left it. It always is, no one seems to do more than vacuum and dust in here. She smiled and laid back on the bed. She knew she didn't have to go to her room but doing this gave Q time to calm down. She knew he was glad to see her but he was mad and she didn't blame him she really worried him. She couldn't avoid it but that was just an excuse. So if it made him feel better for her to do this then she would do it, for him.

She checked her messages then smiled seeing a missed call from Larry. She called him back to see what he wanted. When he didn't answer, she counted the the time difference and smiled thinking he probably called her before he went on stage. She texted him, "I'm thinking about you."
He quickly responded,
"Je t'aime ma marie. Call you later." She smiled and looked at her ring then replied,
"I love you." Lyra hoped he smiled when he read it.

Five minutes later her phone rung. She smiled until she saw it wasn't Larry. She answered and Vincent asked her to meet him in Manhattan as soon as possible.

"Well so much for being grounded." She sighed.

Lyra opened her door but both Wallace and James were standing guard.

"I need to go out for a while." Lyra said as she tried to leave. "Seriously?" Lyra asked when they blocked her path.
"You're grounded remember." Wallace said and James gave her an apologetic look.
"You can both come with me." She paused and turned to Wallace. "Are you okay, have you recovered from being shot?" Lyra asked touching his arm and chest.
"I'm fine, now go sit and think about what you did." Wallace said gruffly before pushing her back into the room and closing the door. She laughed then looked out her windows. No one was guarding the outside so she opened the window and climbed down heading straight for her bike. She started Trouble and headed back towards the Queens tunnel.

She was waiting at a light when Christopher pulled up on her right side. He honked his horn at her then waved at her. Lyra steadied herself spotting the gun on his lap and lifted her visor,
"You do realize others can see that? Are you planning to start shooting in broad daylight now? Maybe shoot all these witnesses and traffic cameras!" She yelled over the traffic noise.

She lowered her visor when he moved the gun. The other drivers and pedestrians looked their way but Christopher looked away from Lyra. He gripped the wheel tightly in anticipation.

When the light changed, Lyra's rear tires squealed and smoked. Christopher gave her a puzzled look. Lyra was holding the brake as she revved her bike. Her back tire squealed as she made her bike fishtail until she faced the opposite direction. She released the brake cutting off an oncoming truck nearly getting hit in the process before she sped away from Christopher.

Lyra tried hard to maneuver through traffic with Christopher quickly catching up. She doubled back to the tunnel and thought she was in the clear as she exited until he came speeding up behind her. She skirted along the outside lane of traffic while he wove through traffic, cutting off several cars to reach her before she could disappear again. Lyra had to detour when she hit construction but Christopher quickly mirrored her every turn. She leaned into the 135 degree turn to get on FDR and Christopher clipped her back wheel. She fishtailed again but she quickly corrected herself and revved the bike to go faster. Leaving him to weave through traffic as she again skirted the outside lane but the traffic was lighter on the FDR and he was beside her in less than a minute. He moved into her lane trying to run her into the railing or off the road and into the water below.