3/Big Mouth Problems

Weeks later

Lyra called Ashlie from JKF to tell her she would be out of town for a few more days. Ashlie was telling Lyra about her plans to visit her new cutie, the guy with the dreads, in Europe. Lyra's mind wondered to Larry and that kiss. The kiss Lyra was still too embarrassed to tell Ashlie about. She looked down at her cup of herbal tea as her face flushed from the memory.
"So is that a no?" Ashlie asked interrupting her thoughts. Lyra was about to apologize for spacing when Larry sat down in front of her.
"I'd swear I had a GPS locator on me the way people keep finding me or maybe he's just part bloodhound." Lyra grumbled to Ashlie while ignoring Larry's smug expression.
"Who found you?" Ash asked. Lyra leaned back when Larry leaned towards her face then laughed at Lyra's response.
"Why you shy?" Larry asked with a sweet smile.
'Why is he here?' Lyra thoughts were intruded on when Ashlie laughed. "Tell them I said 'Hi' and don't let Larry get to you." Ashlie said after hearing Larry.
'Too late.' Lyra tightened her jaw.
"Yeah alright, call you later." Lyra put her phone away while she considered parting her lips to greet him, she took a breath. 'Just be calm.'
"Why you here?" Larry asked curtly. 'That mouth, how can someone who kisses like that, make me want to put my fist through his teeth.' Lyra fumed.
"What? Is the the asshole section?" She responded quickly losing the calm she attempted to summon just seconds ago. "Thanks for letting me know, I'll clear out." Lyra gathering her stuff and stood up. Larry mumbled leaning back in the chair. Lyra huffed with a raised eyebrow and a disgusted look. "Ash said to tell your brother hi," Lyra managed before exiting.
Larry laughed, then saw his brother coming towards him.
"I got us a table!" Larry smiled at his brother. "What?" He asked innocently when he saw Laurent pout and watch Lyra walked away without saying anything to him.

Everything was falling into place in Lyra's life. She was on track for an amazing promotion, her stomach was so flat it sunk in, she was sleeping more than 6 hours at night, her skin glowed and her hair was shiny and full of body.
She received several calls from the brothers but she didn't answer because she wanted to avoid Larry. Lyra worked hard for her accomplishments and wasn't about to let anyone especially not even an attractive but infuriating Frenchman screw things up by distracting her.

Her mother had other plans, she was constantly bringing her latest 'great guy' to Lyra's job. The last time mother brought a loser to her job. Her mother told the receptionist Lyra's father was in an accident just to get her out of an important meeting with her supervisor. Lyra was so furious to discover the lie, she had them banned and escorted from the property. Thankfully, Lyra's supervisors recognized she works her butt off to outperform her peers and she wasn't penalized for her mother's antics.
At the week staff meeting, Lyra was announced as the new division head. She was excited because it not only meant a huge pay increase. She could work from home whenever she wanted. She was too excited to move from her small one bedroom on the East Coast to the West Coast.

After searching for weeks, she found the perfect three bedroom bugalow, with two and a half bath and an office

After searching for weeks, she found the perfect three bedroom bugalow, with two and a half bath and an office. It was near the beach and not far from Los Angeles. It was perfect.
She loved the enclosured vestibule right inside her front door.