27/ Relationships

"How dare you! Just because you're not getting any!" Ashlie pushed Lyra out of her face.
"Maybe I should have given you a few more tips on how to keep your legs close!" Lyra fired back. Ashlie gasped.
"Your legs should be welded shut for the betterment of mankind. Do you know how many men look at you like starved third world children outside an all you eat buffet?"

Ashlie spotted D and Larry behind Lyra.

"I don't do anything to encourage them and you know that! Why are you really upset with me? Because I know it's not for something that only happened hours ago. When you've been keeping a secret from everyone for what? Four or five months now?" Lyra sneered. Ashlie's eyes grew wider. "Please tell me this isn't some sort of jealousy that someone proposed to me instead of you?"

Ashlie let her hand fly, but Lyra caught it.

"How much does your fiancé know?" Ashlie fired back, "Did you tell Larry everything?" Lyra narrowed her eyes. "Do you think he'd want to marry someone like you if he knew about King and Queen? You would have been better off staying with Chris!" Ashlie yelled yanking her hand away from Lyra.

Lyra slapped Ashlie, hard.

"I'm going to contribute that lunacy to your hormones. Because I can't believe you just wish me dead." Lyra replied harshly.

Ashlie held her hand to her face as tears started streaming down her face.

"Are you seriously crying?" Lyra reached up to wipe her tears but Ashlie moved her head away.
"You're a real bitch, you know that?" Ashlie sobbed pushing passed Lyra. Lyra sighed turning to see D and Larry behind her.

"I take after my mother, what's your excuse?" Lyra scoffed to herself and walked away.

Ashlie wiped her tears as she tried to pass D but he stopped her and pulled her into his arms.

"What you upset? Tell me." D asked as Ashlie touched her stomach.
"I'm sorry, I don't feel well." Ashlie replied still sniffling as D lead her to her room.

◇◇◇

Lyra passed Vincent on the way to the infirmary.

"Buongiorno bellissima!" Vincent's smile faded when he glanced at her face. "What happened?" Vincent asked.
"Hormones." Lyra replied retrieving an ice pack from the first aid kit.
"Did he?" Vincent spotted Larry walking their way.
"He look injured to you?" Lyra quickly replied. After another quick glance Vincent smiled.
"Just asking." Vincent excused himself then walked away.

"Ly, look at me?" Larry turned her face as she shook the ice pack to make it cold. "Oh lalalalala." Larry lightly touched her face.
"Is it red?" Lyra asked.
"Yes." Larry replied.

Lyra pressed where Ashlie hit her. "I barely feel it." She moved her jaw.
"It look bad." Larry asked placing the ice pack on Lyra's face then pulling her arms around him. "Why you fight?"

"She asked why I didn't tell her I got engaged. I told her I had barely seen her since she's spending all her time with her boyfriend then she slapped me."

Larry lifting her chin to look in her eyes then asked,"What King and Queen mean?"

"King and Queen is the leader of, I guess you could call it a gang, back on the East Coast. Your brother met a few of the members and a couple helped me get him on the plane in New York," Lyra took the ice pack from Larry and moved to a chaise lounger. She leaned her head back and closed her eyes.

"Lyra?" Larry moved to kneel beside her, "You tell that rich guy about us?"

Lyra scoffed, "Nothing to tell. He is actually happy that you proposed."