12/Feelings Soup

Lyra enjoyed her dinner with Laurent; the conversation, the music and the view. The way the evening was set up was the most romantic and amazing thing she'd ever seen. She couldn't remember ever having a more enjoyable evening with anyone.
Laurent is attentive, engaging, funny, but that evening Lyra saw a glimpse of a different side of Laurent. She suspected it was the part he usually saves for his brother.

When Laurent told her the dinner was also to apologize to Lyra, he implied he was feeling guilty because his actions made Larry break up with her, but Lyra didn't blame Laurent. She explained Larry made his choice and she would go away like Larry demanded because that's what he wanted. Laurent kissed her forehead and told her she was too good for his brother.

At the end of the night he walked her to the door and Lyra was surprised by how Laurent acted with her. 'He was always friendly but if I didn't know better I would think he was trying to ...nah he wouldn't. I know he's not.' She walked inside and noticed Larry had called her work phone.
"Putain de pute! Vas te faire encule!!Enfoncer salope! Vous voulez baiser mon...!!" Larry's voice howled through the phone.
"And delete." Lyra said emphatically as she erased his message. She shook her head not knowing what Larry was upset about but she wasn't going to lose sleep over it.

◇◇◇

She woke up at 5:30 and got ready for her run. She realized she forgot to go shopping yesterday, so she planned on running to a restaurant to have breakfast.

She opened the door to find Laurent waiting for her again.
"What are you doing here?" Lyra asked in surprise.
"Waiting for my friend to come out..." He answered yawning.
"Lau it isn't 6am, yet. Did you even sleep?" She frowned.
"Aww, you called me Lau." He said enthusiastically rubbing his hair against her.
"Whatever, you can rest in the spare, I'll be back in an hour or so." She turned around to open the door for him.
"No! I come to run. Let's go." He started stretching. She paused briefly then shrugged and started stretching too.

They ran 3 miles talking about Laurent's plans while he was in town but he abruptly started laughing at Lyra for making a B-line for IHOP.
She smiled after he ordered a lot of different foods then turned to her asking what she wanted. She ordered waffle with fruit and juice. Laurent filled his stomach, they paid and left.

"I like hanging out with you, it's fun. We no have to try to impress each other or worry about disappointing each other. Best of all I no have to take care of you." Laurent walked to the door.
"Uh-huh, so I'm a pet that feeds and walks herself." Lyra mumbled opening the door.
"What?" He laughed following her outside.
"Nothing. Come on the bus will be here soon."

As they arrived at Lyra's house Laurent asked if she wanted to see a movie.

"You mind if I shower here?" He asked as he followed her in the house, she shrugged as he grabbed a bag from his car.
"The towels are in the closet." Lyra pointed him towards her guest bathroom.
After she showered she threw on some ripped jeans, shirt, gold necklace and black shoes with gold accents. She smoothed her hair into a top knot and went out to meet Laurent.

 She smoothed her hair into a top knot and went out to meet Laurent