11/Sans Larry

Lyra removed her luggage from the taxi with a smile. She was looking forward to going back home and putting all this drama behind her but first she had to call to Ashlie's mother.

"Hello Mrs. Richmond." Lyra greeted when Ashlie's mother answered.
"Amalea." She responded stiffly. Lyra cringed at the irritation she felt from Anjeline.
"Sorry Mom." Lyra corrected herself realizing her mistake. "How are you?"
"I'm good baby. I've been expecting your call." Anjeline replied lovingly.
"I didn't want to bother you with this but..." Lyra started.
"You are as much my child as Ashlie. So don't worry, ok baby?" Anjeline replied. "Have a good flight home. Love you."
"Love you too Mom and thanks." Lyra smiled as Ashlie's mother hung up.

◇◇◇

As Lyra found her seat on the plane, she pulled out her blanket and pillow. The flight back to the West Coast wasn't long but she was preparing to sleep through it since she hadn't slept much last night. She settled in her cocoon chair and fixed her sleeping mask over her eyes.

 She settled in her cocoon chair and fixed her sleeping mask over her eyes

"Hello Ly." Laurent's voice greeted her. Lyra paused for a second, she had to be hearing things because she was almost positive the brothers were supposed to be halfway back to Europe right now. Yet when she lifted her mask, Laurent was staring at her.
"Laurent." She replied cordially, putting her mask back on then moving into a comfortable position while Laurent settled in beside her.
Before the plane took off, captain's announcements, or the safety speech from the flight attendant; Lyra was well on her way to sleep.

After they were in the air, Laurent got up to stretch his legs, Lyra turned on her R&B playlist and inserted her ear buds.

"My brother not with you?" He said after removing one of her ear buds.
"Yeah, I stuffed him in my carry on. Isn't it your responsibility to know where your brother is?" Lyra sighed lifting her mask and getting a good reading of his face.
"No," Laurent looked away.

Lyra rolled her eyes, she was supposed to be leaving this drama on the East Coast not flying with it to the West Coast.

"Uh-huh." She pulled her mask down.
"Maybe I no care where he is." Laurent said flatly.
Lyra snorted, "Whatever, not my problem." Lyra smiled. Laurent seemed surprised by Lyra's attitude.
"He break up with you?" Laurent exclaimed and her smile faded.
"Yep." Lyra replied nonchalantly.
"Why you no do something?" He complained lifting her mask.
"What was I supposed to do?" She looked into his eyes. Laurent looked away not saying anything, she knew he saw the sadness she couldn't keep from her eyes.
"Don't give me that look, he didn't trick me, I knowingly put myself in that situation and now I've been banished. I'm just like the rest of the harem, expendable." Lyra's voice wavered at the pain she felt admitting it. She turned away from him to wipe a stray tear.
"Look at me?" Laurent said turning her so he could see her face. He used his thumb to wipe another tear running down her face.
Lyra sighed, "You know he is a brat, we both know it, and honestly I blame you." Lyra removed his hands from her face.
"I want him to know how it feel, when I not there for him."
"What?" Lyra wasn't expecting that response. "What are you thinking?" Lyra looked to his face and wanted to run away from what she saw.
"I'm not going to attack you Ly. Calm down, I want you help." Laurent laughed as Lyra continued to slowly inch away from him.
"No! He told me told leave him alone." Lyra put her headphones and mask back on then turned away from him.
He moved the headphones from her ear again, "That not mean me, he not care if us stay friends." She peeked at Laurent smiling innocently.
'Nope not even falling for that.'