34/ Leaving

"Well?" Vincent asked one of his men as they appeared in front of him.
"He's still alive, he was saved by passing campers in an RV. They took him to the hospital." The man replied then braced himself for his boss' anger.
"Understood. Dismissed." Vincent replied sipping his espresso. "Enea?"
"Clean house?" Enea answered looking away from his breakfast.
"We're leaving now." Vincent replied.
"Alone?" Enea asked.
"You made delivery and she knows how to handle herself. Her future husband seems to know how to handle himself. They will be fine." Vincent replied.

◇◇◇

Laurent called (FaceTime) Larry and Lyra answered on the second ring.

"Good morning Lau." She said softly.
"Why you answer my brother phone?" Laurent fussed.
"Because you're calling and he's sleeping. I will tell him to call you as soon as he opens his eyes." Lyra replied, showing his brother sprawled across the bed then hung up when he agreed.

She wrote a note for Larry in case he woke up while she was gone.

'Call Lau, went for a run on the beach. Breakfast on the counter will be back soon. Ly.'

She placed it on her pillow with his phone then stretched her hips and legs before she started her run.

Larry reached for Lyra in his sleep five minutes later but she wasn't there.

"Ly!" He called sleepily still feeling for her on the bed but he couldn't find her.

After a few more attempts he touched the note and opened his eyes. After a few minutes, he walked to the bathroom washed his face and brushed his teeth before heading to the kitchen. He read her note on the way.

"What did Lau say? Everything okay?" Lyra asked when she returned as Larry was sitting down.

"I no call him." Larry looked over at Lyra. She nodded and walked away. "Ly," He called stopping her before she headed for the bedroom.

"Yes?" She replied and Larry walked towards her until his phone rang. She pulled out a bathing suit and gathered her toiletries then closed herself in the bathroom. Larry answered his phone.

"Yeah." Larry said into the phone.
"You let her answer you phone? Why you no say anything? You just leave me. You no talk when I call and you no respond when I text." Laurent fussed.
"I sorry, I thought you spend time with Cass. I no think you miss me?" Larry replied sincerely. "You two seem close in the club until she have to stop Lyra from beating girl." Larry laughed.
"You remember?" Laurent asked excitedly.
"Some. I remember you tell me us have a job in LA. Us babies help us put on a show. Us play FIFA then go to dinner. Ly fight then get kicked out club," Larry stopped.
"What?" Laurent asked.
"It no make sense I think I dance with Ly, but she leave before we dance." Larry answered.
"Us met her at a different club. You dance there." Laurent helped his brother fill in the blank. Larry nodded then Laurent asked, "What it like there?" Larry smiled and showed him around the pavilion, walked out to the beach and showed him the small island they were on.

"Ly say why she disappear when you hurt?" Laurent asked getting mad remembering how helpless he felt to stop it.
"She got hurt too. She has stitches on her left hip." Larry said and Laurent frowned.
"She ended up in the hospital again?" Laurent asked.
"What you mean again?" Larry asked walking back into the pavilion.
"She no tell you?" Laurent asked quietly.
"No, you tell me." Larry replied.

Laurent explained that Lyra ended up in the hospital after she fell and he visited her. He told Larry he stayed with her all night then came back to take him home.

"Ly the person you spend that night with? My Ly? You sleep with..." Larry hung up at the same time Lyra came out the bathroom.

"You spent night with my brother!" Larry spat angrily getting in her face. She step back and finished tying her hair into a messy bun on top her head.