31/Manhunt

After leaving the ship, Christopher was dropped off at the airport by Vincent’s people after they strongly urged him not to bother Miss Amalea again. He waited until they left then purchased a ticket on the next boat to Catalina Island. After a few unexpected setbacks, he was pleasantly surprised to see Lyra's ship was waiting just offshore of the island. He was even more pleased to find Lyra walking alone from the docks. He believed his luck was changing for the better.

He was less than ten feet from Lyra when he saw a man approach her. The man glared at him then escorted her through the streets. Christopher followed from a distance to the club but ran away when the man turned to accost him.

“Why does she prefer to surround herself with ruffians and would be criminals?” Christopher wondered as he circled back to the club.

He returned in time to see that ‘ruffian who assaulted him’ and his friends walking down the street. He smiled at how fortune continued to smile upon him. He could get revenge now and take what is his, after. He followed the group to the door and realized the club wasn't close to big enough for him to hide. He decided to wait outside looking for the perfect position to do the most damage without being spotted.

After several hours he found himself a nice perch on a fire escape in the alley across from the club. He found himself pacing back and forth impatiently then heard a few people leaving but they were not the people he was waiting for. He grew tired of waiting and weighed the option of staying in place or taking his chances and going inside the club.
As he about to step out down from his perch, he spotted Lyra allowing that ruffian to put his hands on her. He found this an unforgivable and took aim.

After he was out of ammunition he smiled seeing both goons lying unmoved on the ground.
“Where is my prize?” He smiled moving from his perch.

◇◇◇

Lyra stepped back as Ryoko checked Larry. She wrapped her arms around herself in an attempt to hold herself together. “Please don't die.” She murmured to herself repeatedly then tensed as a hand wrapped around her mouth and another around her waist pulling her further into the alley. She grabbed the handle of her black knife then took a quick breath preparing to cut at the wrists of her attacker when the scent of vanilla, leather and and a somewhat earthy scent hit her nose. (In case you care, he is wearing Memo cologne.) She groaned in irritation and elbowed the man in his torso causing him to release her.

"Buena sera, Enea." Lyra greeted the older Italian gentleman.
"Buena sera." He replied with a smile, "This way," he guide her further away from the group.
"Where are we going?" Lyra asked.
"We take care of our own. No problem, bellezza." Enea continued to smile.

Lyra was taken to a building that Enea described as a private clinic.  She was examined by Dr. Singh, who patiently removed the pieces of her phone from her hip before stitching her up.

"You are very fortunate your phone stopped the bullet." Dr. Singh smiled at her as he gave her a series of shots to assist with clotting, as well as fight possible infection. Once she was dressed looking at her phone on the counter.