35/My baby

Larry called Laurent to ask if he should introduce Lyra to his family next week. Laurent smiled at his brother's apprehension then asked when he was meeting her parents. Larry made an 'oh no' face. Laurent laughed, wished his brother good luck and told him he would see him in a few days.
Lyra opened the boxes Enea left for her. She pulled out clothes, a few hand weapons, and two new phones; one satellite phone and a cell phone (phablet).

◇◇◇

Ashlie and D sat on the lanai of her mother's house with her parents

Ashlie and D sat on the lanai of her mother's house with her parents. Anjeline liked the pairing of D and her daughter but her husband, Aaron, was fixated on when they were getting married and how D would provide for his daughter's future and support their child in his current profession. Ashlie tried to calmly explain they had discussed and had a plan but her father interrupted.

His bottom line was he didn't approve of D and Ashlie was to terminate the relationship. If Ashlie didn't like it he would stop supporting her. Ashlie thanked her father for being predictable and kissed his cheek. Ashlie explained that she was moving to France and selling everything she owned here. She hugged her mother, promising to call when she landed before she took D's hand and left.

Aaron smiled and held his wife's hand as they watched Ashlie and D ride away. He was proud of his daughter.

"That's our baby." Aaron mused to his wife.
"She has grown into a woman." Anjeline replied.

◇◇◇

Christopher woke up when a nurse came in to check his bandages.
"Where?" He croaked then tried again. "Where am?" He winced when he tried to sit up and the nurse stopped him.
"If you are asking where you are, you are at Our Lady of Mercy. The doctor said while you were a mildly dehydrated he is more concerned with your injuries. You had several broken ribs, a ruptured spleen, extensive damage to your kidneys and liver and severe internal bleeding in your abdomen and legs." She read his chart then clicked something on the screen. "During the surgeries the doctors discovered a perforation in your..."
"When can I leave?" Christopher cut across her.
"For now, the doctors want to make sure you recover and don't have any complications which is more likely after removing your spleen. He also wants to make sure the swelling decreases so he can reevaluate before addressing the extent of damage to your liver and kidneys with you. For now, they want you to stay..." She explained.
"I will not." Christopher wheezed still trying to sit up. The nurse held up her hands to stop him. He pushed her hand of the way.
"I guess the things the news said you did to all those women is true." She stated while checking his IV.
"What did they say?" He asked angrily.
"You have a violent history with women. You seem nice but you have aggressive tendencies. " The nurse stood beside his bed.
"Enough." Christopher tried to sit up then pushed the nurse's hand away when she tried to stop him.
"The mother of one of your victim's is on trial for murdering her husband." The nurse said as she left the room.

◇◇◇

Larry playfully tackled Lyra to the couch. She squealed as he tried to remove her bottoms and towel. She tried to scramble off the couch and out of the room but Larry was faster and caught her before she could move past the couch.
She squirmed in his hold as he pushed each of her arms up and her hands above her head. She closed her eyes as his lips made their way from her face to neck, her neck to her collarbone, her collarbone to her chest. His free hand lightly trailed down her left arm to her breasts as his tongue circled her right nipple.
He smiled and watched her as her own hands brushed across her lips and up her cheek until they found their way into her own damp hair. She arched her back when he moved his hands across her stomach down her hips. He hooked his thumb into her bottoms and pulled them down her legs trailing light kisses over her stomach then squeezed her thighs to open for him.He lowered himself between her legs as they parted.