10/Bad, Worse, Worst

Author's warning: The photos in this chapter maybe considered graphic and upsetting to some. They are the only three photos in this chapter.

Fitness gym

Lyra couldn't get to the gym fast enough, she had to work off her irritation. NEVER had any man run from her and she didn't like that Larry did. 'Fu-uh, forget him.' She told herself.
After they stretched, they started kickboxing cardio. After working out for an hour, Ashlie asked as Lyra unwrapping the tape from her hands,
"How do you feel?"
"Better." Lyra admitted stretching her arm, "Ready to go?"
"Yeah." Ashlie nodded.

They stopped to eat in a nearby restaurant and Lyra had just silenced Larry's call when she spotted her mother and stepfather walking in. 'And my day just keeps getting better.' Lyra took a deep breath and put her fork down.
Ashlie looked at Lyra, "What's wrong, now?"
"My parents are here." Lyra replied standing up. The main reason they went to NY was to avoid her mother.
"Mrs. Via, Mr. Via." Ashlie said cordially as they stood beside the table.
"You look lovely Ashlie, dear." Mrs. Via smiled at Ashlie.
"Mother," Lyra tried to greet her but her mother cut her off.
"Amalea, are you sure you should eat that, your ass must have doubled in size, don't they have gyms on the West Coast? Or do you still think your brain will win you a good man?" Mrs. Via said scrutinizing her daughter's body. Lyra sighed then her father hugged her.

Roberto Via is the only father Lyra has ever known. He married her mother when she was 2 and adopted her at 4, however her mother never gave him any say in anything that had to do with Lyra.

"Hi Daddy! How've you been?" Lyra smiled. 
"I'm good baby." He kissed her forehead and his wife scoffed sitting across from Ashlie. "Find anyone nice on the wrong coast?"
"Daddy!" Lyra pouted.
"It's ok. You're still my beautiful princess." Her father held Lyra's chair as she sat down.
"Really, why do you insist on babying such an ungrateful and disrepectful brat." Her mom complained.

Lyra sighed pushing her almost full plate of food away since her appetite was gone.

A few minutes later, a guy walked over to their table. Ashlie nudged Lyra to bring her attention to him. He was about 5'9", darker than Djimon Hounsou with acne plagued skin. Her mother smiled warmly,

"Amalea this is Douglas, Douglas this is our daughter, Amalea."
Lyra took a good look at him. His unmaintained dreads, wrinkled linen short set and open toe sandals showing his dirty, unmanicured feet. Lyra glared at Ashlie and Ashlie had turned colors trying to hold her tongue.

Douglas moved a chair beside Lyra, without an invitation, and tried to put his arm around her. Lyra grabbed his hand from around her, shook it politely then dropped it. Douglas dug his fingers into Lyra's food then stuffed his mouth. Lyra gave a wide eyed look to her Dad. 'What rock she find him under?' She asked with her eyes. Her father just lowered his head.

Douglas started trying to touch Lyra's breasts, and thighs. Lyra finally caught a finger and yanked it towards the back of his hand earning a satisfying yelp from him, afterwards he kept his hands to himself. 'Strike1.'
Q rang her phone and Lyra tried to excuse herself to take the call.
"Amalea turn that off and sit down." Her mother ordered. Out of respect, Lyra did as she was told.

"Well mother, tell me about this one." Lyra asked barely managing not to roll her eyes.
"We met at a charity event. He works with Chr-" Her mother stopped talking as Lyra glared at her. 'Strike 2.'
"Tell me is trying to grope me in front of my parents, what you would call a good man as well?" Lyra glared at her mother but received no response.

Lyra's phone rang again this time she rejected it because Larry was calling. She pulled up some photos.

"What did you say about Chris, mother? Oh yes, 'A good man with good wholesome family qualities and I should consider myself lucky such a great guy would even look at me', isn't that right mother?" Lyra placed her phone on the table. Douglas looked at the photos then covered his mouth. "Remind me mother, which wholesome family value makes it ok for someone to do this?!"