13/Time Out

A/N: First I want to thank everyone who is reading this book. Thank you for the votes and comments and feedback. Please believe me when I tell you they are much appreciated.

Laurent walked over to the area where Larry sitting on a bench. Laurent watched his brother scrolling through his phone cursing to himself. He sighed seeing his brother so distraught over a girl. Laurent never thought his brother would like Lyra that much. He could see the frown on Larry's face deepen as he walked closer. Laurent sat beside him sipping his smoothie and waited for his brother to look at him.

 Laurent sat beside him sipping his smoothie and waited for his brother to look at him

"Why you here?" Larry asked barely looking at his brother.
"You want me to leave?" Laurent asked standing up. Larry stretched his legs out. Laurent turned to look at his brother. "What you say to Ly?"
"Why you asking what not you business? Why you with my girl?" Larry jumped up finally looking at Laurent.
"You girl? You forget you break up with her." Laurent pressed.
"And you slide right in to take her." Larry walked passed him hitting Laurent's shoulder.
"What you problem?!" Laurent yelled at Larry.
"You!" Larry turned to face his brother. Laurent stepped closer to his brother, looked him in the eye then moved away.
"Okay, maybe I see you later." Laurent smiled and started walking to his car but Larry grabbed his arm.
"You stay away from her!" Larry stepped closer to his brother. "She no you girl. Go spend time with you girl." Laurent smiled at his brother.
"I have no girl and Ly not you girl. You act like a little boy and tell her go away. Now you mad because she go away. I go to check on my friend." Laurent started walking away but Larry snatched Laurent to face him by pulling his arm,
"Leave Ly alone!" Larry hissed now standing nose to nose with his brother.
"Why? I don't break her heart and make her cry. She smile and laugh when I around, we have fun." Laurent walked passed Larry heading towards his car.
"She never cry," Larry replied following him and Laurent nodded but Larry knew his brother wasn't nodding in agreement. "How you know she cry?" Larry asked but Laurent just looked at him for asking a stupid question and unlocked the car.

◇◇◇

"Miss Amalea?" Vincent's baritone voice sounded off behind Lyra making her jump a little. 

Vincent picked up her keys after Lyra dropped them for the fourth time. Lyra's body was shaking and her hands were dripping blood.

 Lyra's body was shaking and her hands were dripping blood