Friday July 3rd

***finally on my spring break what about you guys? comment and vote!! Blaire***

Alex and I woke up at 6:30 and went down to bed in our sweatpants and bed heads. We fixed our plates and sat down with Hope and Kelley. We ate and talked about random things. We finished our breakfast so Alex and I went to get our practice gear. We got the red tanks, navy shorts, and navy socks. We also got our tracker bands. Alex grabbed her cleats and then we headed to change. We put on our tennis shoes and grabbed our bags. We got on the bus and went to the training facility. We sat on the bench and put on our cleats. Kelley and I helped each other put on our tacker bands and then lined up for warmups. After warmups we moved into passing drills. Coach Jill was watching and saying things as we went. We all laughed when I went next.

Jill: Good Alex, nice pass
Me: Uh Alex is over there
Jill: What?
Alex: I'm over here coach
Jill: dang it, sorry Baby Horse you two just look too much alike. Okay ladies stop laughing and get back to work

We resumed our drill and then finished practice. We went back to the hotel and ate lunch. We had some free time after words so Kelley and I took a nap in Alex's and my room. We were woken up by Alex so we could get our things and get on the bus. We got on the bus and went to the field. We put our cleats on and warmed up. The forwards and goal keepers went to one goal do to shooting drills. Alex shot first on Hope and then I shot on Ashlyn. Ashlyn made the diving save and go the ball. She grunted and then got up.

Ashlyn: Damn Baby Horse, you have a way harder shot then I expected.
Hope: I know I'm not sure if she or Carli has the harder shot and Carli has broken wrists. Make sure you get taped when she's with us
Ashlyn: Yeah definitely

The 4 of laughed and then went back to the drill. After the drill we moved into a scrimmage. My team included Alex, Kelley, Ali, Tobin, Ashlyn, and Lauren. Our opposing team was Sydney, Abby, Kling, Carli, Hope, Pinoe, and HAO. It was 7v7. Alex and I worked off each other and took shot after shot. My team won 5-2. We cooled down and then sat down to listen to Jill.

Jill: That was a good scrimmage ladies. You found out the twin dynamic duo over there so that is something we can work on shutting down and making better.
Hope: Yeah they killed me today.
Jill: Yes they did amazing. Our next session is going to be working on offense and defense. Well let's go get some dinner ladies.

We all got our stuff and headed to the hotel. At dinner we all talked about their old high school teams and my current one. Once we finished we all gathered our gear for the last time today and we were on our way to the field. We put on our gear and did warmups. Coach Jill then split us up and then told us the drill we were going in to.

Jill: To start let's get the back 4 in front of Hope. Now Baby Horse and Alex get a ball and Carli join them in the middle. I want the 3 of you to connect and somehow get a shot off against Hope. Once you do give the back 4 time to set up and another group will go. Everybody got it? Good lets line up.

Everyone got in line and then Alex, Carli and I went. Carli passed to Alex to bring the defender up. As Julie stepped I made the run through and got the ball. Becky came up and I did a move to the side and took a shot. I made the goal and we ran off to the let then next group go. After multiple turns Jill called the drill and we split into teams to scrimmage. This time Alex and I were shooting against Ashlyn. Our team won again 4-0. We ended early and went back to the hotel. We all showered and then headed down for the team meeting. Kelley and I were the first people there so we decided to play capture the penny. We used our shirts and tucked them into the back of our shorts. We were pulled out of our game by Hope taking my shirt.

Me: hey!
Kelley: I win I win.
Me: no you didn't. Hope took mine that's not fair
Hope: Stop it you two. Put on your shirts and sit.
Me: Okay mom
Kelley: Fine mom
Ashlyn: Ouch you got the mom title
Ali: Kelley found her perfect 5 year old buddy.
Alex: Yeah and Hope's the mom
Tobin: Now Kelley has Baby Horse to bring to kids club with Rampone's and A-Rod's kids.
Hope: yeah and then I won't have to watch them
Ali: Oh you know you love it
Hope: Oh whatever

Coach Jill came in behind Dawn and they started the meeting.

Jill: I don't have anything other than good job today girls. Dawn.
Dawn: You ladies did very well today. We got good data from the tracker bands today. Tomorrow we will be doing fitness testing. In the morning we will be doing the treadmill test and stretch testing. Offense will be ready first and then we will switch groups with the defense. After lunch we will be outside for the 40 and the beep test. After each session I will have the recovery shakes make sure get one. That's all I have for tonight. See everybody in the morning.

We all got up and I jumped on Kelley's back. Kelley carried me all the way to the elevator. Hope just rolled her eyes and walked behind us. Kelley went in her room and then Alex and I went to ours. We got ready for bed and went to sleep.