Saturday June 20th

***last training until the flight to Germany for the U- 20 Algarve Cup. comment and vote!!- Blaire***

Kelcie and I woke up at 7 like usual. We joined Jess and Cady in the line and then sat with Sabrina and Casey. We went by 502 to get our practice gear. We changed into our black tank and shorts and went to the lobby. Coach French split us up into groups before we headed into the weight room. I was paired with Sabrina. We went through circuits, weighted squats and power cleans. The finial thing was a pull up contest which the staff filmed to put in a video on the team. I got second place with 12 and Casey got first with 14. We left the weight room and went to lunch. We had a little free time after we ate. Most of the team went to their rooms but our table stayed and decided to have a dance party. I put on a playlist and we moved a couple tables. We were too busy dancing and laughing to notice Coach French and the film man come in. The song ended and then we noticed them.

Sabrina: Oh sorry if we were too loud
French: you weren't. I was just wondering where the music was coming from and plus we got good film
Kelcie: Really you filmed. I probably look like a fish out of water
Cady: same here only Baby Horse can actually dance.
Casey: yeah
French: sucks. well you should probably go get your stuff it's almost 2.

We all went and got our cleats before climbed on the bus. We got to the field and warmed up. We worked on moving the ball from the back line to a winger for a cross or to me behind the other team's defense. After that drill the midfielders and forwards worked on getting through the defense. My group got a lot of shots off and allowed me to show the girls some of the gaps I see. Practice ended after that and we went back to the hotel. We had time to shower before dinner so we went to our rooms. Kelcie and I showered and then went to dinner. We got in line and then sat at our table with the girls. We ate and then cleared our table.

French: Okay girls you will be getting your passports after our meeting. This is a special meeting; instead of me talking we will have guest speakers. Before they come out I am going to explain the schedule for tomorrow. Breakfast will be at 9. The bus leaves at 10:30. You can turn in cleats tonight or in the morning. Your bags need to be loaded on the bus by 10. We have a charter plane so you will be responsible for your bags during the fight. You will get your room assignment on the plane before we land. Now for our guest speakers.... Carli Lloyd and Kelley O'Hara.

Carli: Hey girls
Kelley: Hey ladies
Carli: We both wanted to come and talk to you and give you some tips or advice for you upcoming games. I was on this team in 2008. We won the Algarve Cup that year. We did that as a team, we had a lot of drama that year outside of the team but we didn't let it affect us. In a way we made ourselves a bubble and we even do that now on the national team. Our bubble means we don't let any comments or altercations outside or of present place or goal in and let us lose our focus. The key thing is to keep your focus on the team and your goal.

Kelley: Well now thank you Carli. I was on this team in 2010 and like Carli said we had a bubble. But even though we had our bubble and our focus we didn't forget that we were kids and yes you are kids. Don't let the pressure get to you. Yes the pressure is there and yes you do have to acknowledge it but enjoy the journey and have fun.
French: Thank you Carli and Kelley. Girls if you have any questions you can come up and ask. Good night girls.

Some girls went and talked to Kelley and Carli while the rest went to their rooms. I stayed back and waited for the girls to finish asking questions. Once they did I ran up to Kelley and jumped on her.

Me: Squirrel why didn't you tell you were coming!
Kelley: Baby Horse! I didn't want to ruin the surprise. How is camp?
Me: it's great. I did the press conference yesterday
Kelley: I saw it and saw you were the number 1 player. I am proud of you.
Me: Yeah we did the fitness test Tuesday and I had the best run
Kelley: The tread mill test?
Me: yeah I got the same scores as Alex
Kelley: Figures you're freaking twins
Me: I know
Kelley: Well its 11 you need to go to bed. I will see you at camp.
Me: but Mom I'm not tired
Kelley: Mom? Please if you want a mom I will call Hope
Me: Okay never mind then I'm really tired goodnight
Kelley: Oh Baby Horse, have fun in Germany
Me: I will bye Squirrel
Kelley: bye Baby Horse

I went to my room and found Kelcie and Jess. They were both packing Kelcie's bag. I said hey and then started to pack mine. I folded my clothes and put them in my suitcase. I put in my laptop and charger in my backpack. I laid out my clothes for the next day and climbed into bed. Jess already left and Kelcie was asleep and I wasn't far behind.