Wednesday July 1st

****well i am going to have a lot of free time now thanks to my pulled quad now smh. i will probably update again tomorrow or maybe even tonight - Blaire***

I got up at 5:30 again and went to the stadium. It was our last day of camp so it ended at 11am. We had a foundation and passing session before breakfast. After our food settled we did our last full field scrimmage but this time us players were playing against our coaches and some college players. The players surprisingly won 4-2. We huddled up and listen to Barron's final camp talk.

Barron: I want to thank you all for making this camp a big success. I saw a lot of improvement as well as the team getting closer. Older girls thank you for being great leader and helping our when you could. I also want to thank Savannah especially. Getting back from playing a tournament in Germany at 1 and  then getting to the school by 6 the same morning. You put in a lot of hard work. Now that you have been back in West Point all of what 3 days, I want to wish you safe travels on your flight to California tomorrow for the senior Women's National Team camp.
Me: Thank you, I had a great time being back. I wouldn't want to spend my only days back in West Point with any other team. I'll be sure to send pictures in the group message. I also wanted to let you all know that I won't be back until mid-August.
Hailey: (rudely) why won't you be back? You're the captain you should be here.
Me: yes that's true but for the first time they are holding a U-20 Women's World Cup and me being a captain on the U-20 team I need to be there for my team representing our country.
Barron: Well okay then let's get pictures and a break and then you are free to go.

We took the pictures, got our break and then Megan and I went to the locker room. We got our stuff and then got in my jeep. I dropped Megan off and then I went home. I showered and then changed into shorts and a sports bra. I went to my closet and set out my two suitcases. I had to pack a month and a half worth of clothes. In my backpack I put a pair of my cleats, laptop, iPad, Airport capsule, chargers, passport, and my wallet. Once I had everything packed it was 7. My mom called for dinner and for the first time all summer my whole family of 4 was at the table. We caught up on each other's lives and talked about my trip.

Mom: how was your trip? I know you won but how was it in Germany?
Me: oh yeah. Hey dad I know we have the parts for it so could you set up that shelf tonight? I want to show you everything properly.
Dad: Yeah I will when we finish eating.
Me: thanks. All you need to know now is that I had a great time. I was ranked the number 1 player and I got to be a captain with my friend Sabrina
Chloe: What, why didn't you tell us sooner?
Me: Well I was busy and in Germany. Anyways I have a couple things to show you but I want to wait.
Dad: well I am done so I will go put up that shelf

My dad got up and went to set up the shelf in my room. When he finished I shooed him out and then set up everything. I called my family in and then told them about the different things on the shelf.

Me: This is the medal we won. This ball is from my first game and everyone signed it and this ball is from the final match. The jersey is from the first game and these plaques are player of the match awards the date of the game and who we played are on it. Finally this is the captain arm band I wore for the games.
Mom: wow I'm so proud of you Savannah
Me: thank you mom
Chloe: dang if that was just your first tournament you're going to need more shelves
Me: yeah I know
Dad: Well you better get to bed you have an early flight tomorrow morning
Me: I know. Well goodnight

My family left and I changed and went to bed.