≈Chapter XXXV :

Start from the beginning

"Does the mystery man know about the baby ? "

She nodded and drank more of her water, "Yes. We exchanged numbers that night and when I found out about the pregnancy I didn't waste my time and immediately told him. He was visiting me at the hospital sometimes." The visits were private and since she told me nothing about all of this, I couldn't know. But damn, how could I be so blind ? I guess, I was too focused on me and my issues to notice anything.

"And your family ? "

"They know and are really happy for me. Everybody is really supportive. Sorry for not telling you sooner, but we're trying to keep this private as long as possible." 

I frowned, "Why ? "

"Well, do you know Iman Shumpert ? " She whispered his name. 

I thought for a minute, "The NBA player ? He's the daddy ? " She nodded again, "Dam girl ! " I whispered-yelled, "High five for that very good child support, got'em. No, I'm just joking." I burst out laughing when I saw her face. 

She threw her napkin at me, "You're really stupid. I can't stand your ass sometimes." She laughed a little as I was calming down.

"Ouh ! " I wiped my eyes, "I wish I took a picture of your face. I was just joking. I'm happy for you. Can't wait to be an uncle." 

"I'm not sure if I want you in my child's life to be honest."

"Hey, don't get curse out today because it's a very beautiful day. Look at the sun, son. I mean, daughter."

She laughed more, "You never stop, don't you ? Anyways, don't you think that it's too soon though ? "

"What ? The pregnancy ? " I questioned as the conversation was getting serious now.

"Yeah, that and the fact that I'm seeing someone else. I just got divorced and Aria..."

I took her hand, "Aria must be jumping happily up there. I'm sure she's not mad that you're having another child. This is a blessing. Maybe she asked or begged God to give you that child. And for your relationship, well...The heart has its reasons. As long as you're happy, that's all that matters. That Iman is treating right, isn't he ? "

She smiled, "Yes. We really got closer those past three months. It's crazy though, we just met but I feel like I've been knowing him for years. He makes me smile and laugh, he's a gentleman and we can talk for hours about just everything. And he's very excited to become a father. He makes sure to be there throughout the whole process. Oh and his family ! They are so nice and welcoming. And my family likes him too."

"Then why are you worried for ? Be happy and live your life ! " 

"Thank you so much, Dorian. I need to hear this. I don't know why- Never mind. I'm gonna stay positive and be happy. But enough talk about me. What about you and your life ? How things are going with your crush ? "

I instantly grinned, "We kissed and it felt like magic." 

"Ouuuuh ! Y'all went to a date already ? "

"Two." 

"Damn ! She must be special for you to go on not one but two dates ! I hope I'm gonna meet her soon. I have to meet the woman who got Dorian Willkingston blushing."

I dropped her hand like it was on fire, "I'm not blushing. I can't blush anyways. Never say that again. Never."

"Okay. Never again, it's a promise."She raised her left hand, "Cross my heart and hope to die, if I do tell a lie."

I chuckled, "It's been ages since I heard that damn quote."

•04/22 {Saturday, 11:37 A.M}